ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acoustic Treatment - Alibaba.com  (Read 3025 times)

Steve Tye

• http://www.mackaybaptist.org
Acoustic Treatment - Alibaba.com
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »

Presuming I have done all of the necessary planning, acoustic modelling and have been given recommendations to install acoustic panels on some of the reflective surfaces in my place of worship...

Has anyone explored purchasing acoustic panels / tiles / fabric through alibaba.com? What were the results? Acoustic treatment of a large room is expensive and I am interested to know if savings can be made through importing rather than paying 10 times the price for possibly the same product.

alibaba.com

Sorry - I don't mean this to sound like a recommendation - I haven't bought from this place and my default position is to be very skeptical.

Thanks!

Steve

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
Re: Acoustic Treatment - Alibaba.com
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 07:48:33 AM »

Steve Tye wrote on Fri, 16 July 2010 00:52

Presuming I have done all of the necessary planning, acoustic modelling and have been given recommendations to install acoustic panels on some of the reflective surfaces in my place of worship...

Has anyone explored purchasing acoustic panels / tiles / fabric through alibaba.com? What were the results? Acoustic treatment of a large room is expensive and I am interested to know if savings can be made through importing rather than paying 10 times the price for possibly the same product.

alibaba.com

Sorry - I don't mean this to sound like a recommendation - I haven't bought from this place and my default position is to be very skeptical.

Alibaba.com provides contacts with manufacturers who are looking for customers who are distributors and are buying relaitvely huge lots.

These sources often don't even have stock of product and are merely proposing to tool up and produce product if someone can come up with a large enough order.

Brad Weber

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »

Steve Tye wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 19:52

Are the recommendations for specific products or much more generalized?  The reality is that there can be significant differences in acoustical performance between seemingly similar products.  Unless you can verify that the acoustical, fire rating and other performance factors of the products are comparable to what was recommended then you would be taking a risk.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.