ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Mixers... Considering possibilities  (Read 15240 times)

Lee Buckalew

Re: Digital Mixers... Considering possibilities
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »

Quote:

Lee, I am more concerned with whether or not the church or org has insurance that covers 'my' stuff should someone run into it with a truck or some kids in their youth group decide they'd like to suddenly 'own' what I have, than someone suing me because they tripped on my mic cords..

Suing me, would be an exercise in futility... I have nothing worth suing for... Kind of a blood out of rock deal...

Just write it into your agreements/contracts that way.  
Don't forget that you can be held liable against future earnings.  It's all a game of cost vs. benefit and often the cost does outweigh the benefit for smaller business'.

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2010, 03:06:58 PM »

Mark Simpson wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 11:10

... but I am just very sensitive about arrogance and self righteousness ...

Wow, Homer, you need to take a look in the mirror.

-a
"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Robert Whittemore

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:19 PM »

Doh!

Mark Simpson

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 03:44:10 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 12:06

Mark Simpson wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 11:10

... but I am just very sensitive about arrogance and self righteousness ...

Wow, Homer, you need to take a look in the mirror.

-a

I do every morning (well most mornings, anyways).. I open it up, and pray that my heart is prepared by my Creator to receive what it shows me... Then I look intently into it, and try and remember what I saw when I walk away... to the best of my ability...

You 'do' understand what the words 'arrogance' and 'self righteousness' mean do you not?

While I may be accurately accused of many things here (to one degree or another), and in my life as a whole, I don't think those two words are amongst the first people would use against me.. You will be hard pressed to make that argument from my discussions here.. For I have not held anyone to any standard I myself am not holding myself to.. I have not condemned anyone for 'breaking the law' nor judged anyone.. Or even 'implied' moral or character issues with anyone here...

I have only reacted to implications by those that I am somehow immoral or skirting the law of men, or not crossing all my 'T's or dotting all my 'I's.. Whether it is wise or Christ like to react to these implications is an argument that perhaps can be raised against me, the idea that I myself have been making such implications against others is patently false...

I 'have defended' myself, which in itself is an issue I am dealing with.. Turning the other cheek is more difficult than it seems.. for when I attempt to defend myself against accusation made against me, all it does is to invite others with their own 'inclination to judge' to pile on too... such as yourself...

BTW, your use of the word 'Homer' here suggest that you perhaps have some serious issues you need to deal with before you deal with mine...

The point I've been trying to make in pointing these things out, is that there are a 'few' here that seem to have a really hard time about attempting to 'strain out gnats, while swallowing camels' in the process...

And while 'yes' I do not like them trying to strain out the gnats in my life by bringing up character issues that have nothing to do with the question I asked or the things discussed, those doing the straining like even less the fact that I point out their camel swallowing...

Seeing as you asked....

Robert Whittemore

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »

The problem is that no one here has ever made accusations against you. Everytime people mention legal or moral issues you act as if they already accused you of breaking them. No one did that. They just mentioned them and you go off the deep end. When advice is asked on anything it is wise to make sure the person asking the question or seeking advice is aware of any legal or moral ramifications. That is all anyone has tried to do here.

Mark Simpson

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »

Lee Buckalew wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 12:05

Quote:

Lee, I am more concerned with whether or not the church or org has insurance that covers 'my' stuff should someone run into it with a truck or some kids in their youth group decide they'd like to suddenly 'own' what I have, than someone suing me because they tripped on my mic cords..

Suing me, would be an exercise in futility... I have nothing worth suing for... Kind of a blood out of rock deal...

Don't forget that you can be held liable against future earnings.  It's all a game of cost vs. benefit and often the cost does outweigh the benefit for smaller business'.

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

I'm 'rapidly' approaching the golden years, and my time (as far as I can see, anyways) of aggressively engaging in the rat race is drawing to a close.. I am really looking forward to lowering my lifestyle expectations, simplifying my life, and just getting along doing things I enjoy.. like fishing (although, the 'lovers of laws' apparently are making 'that' against the law here too...) and fixing up my house (lots of new laws telling me what I 'cant' do there these days as well)...

I just don't have the 'energy' anymore to fret about all the things some guys do... It's a lot of work... Because, I have recently learned the hard way, that no matter how much you work, and how hard you try to protect yourself against the world, things beyond your control can come along at any moment and turn it all upside down anyways..

It's better to just be content and trust in God to work out all the details... As a recent president who was also the subject of all sorts of accusations liked to say.. "Don't worry, be happy!"

Yes, I could be the unfortunate defendant in a lawsuit because some klutz can't be responsible for watching where they walk, and they could try and attach future income till the cows come home..

But I could also get all the insurance in the world, and then a plane falls out of the sky and lands on my head.. Why worry about it?..

Mark Simpson

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 04:14:18 PM »

Robert Whittemore wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 12:51

The problem is that no one here has ever made accusations against you. Everytime people mention legal or moral issues you act as if they already accused you of breaking them. No one did that. They just mentioned them and you go off the deep end. When advice is asked on anything it is wise to make sure the person asking the question or seeking advice is aware of any legal or moral ramifications. That is all anyone has tried to do here.

They raise them in response to my describing my situation.. and I am to think that the two things aren't in any ways related?

Okay...

Just understand, that 'your' opinion of what is implied or is not implied, is not any more valid than 'mine'.. especially seeing as you are an uninvolved third party.. and neither made the comments (and can't know the heart behind the original comment), nor were the target of them (and can not know how they sounded to those receiving them).. But you 'do' just 'love' to stick your nose into others arguments, and as such, are completely guilty of causing them to go on longer than they otherwise would have... no issues there, right? LOL

Robert Whittemore

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »

This is a community forum. Post something and it involves everyone who reads it.

Dick Rees

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »

Lee Buckalew wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 15:05

Quote:

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

I find the above highlighted statement quite remarkable.  It essentially places a higher value on property over the well being of a brother or sister.

Mark Simpson

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »

Dick Rees wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 13:17

Lee Buckalew wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 15:05

Quote:

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

I find the above highlighted statement quite remarkable.  It essentially places a higher value on property over the well being of a brother or sister.

If that person is a sue happy lawyer or a gold digger trying to use me as a conduit to bilk an insurance co out of cash, and is trying to make me responsible for 'their' clumsiness, then I guess it does...

You can place 'your' priorities wherever you want, and I will not question you for it.. However, when you question 'me' for where I place mine, 'then' you will likely find I respond in a way that you will 'also' find to be 'remarkable'...

Life is a very messy minefield.. If you haven't figured that out by now, then you are either very young and idealistic.. or aren't paying attention and have thus far not had to personally make decisions where you have to choose between several paths where 'all' of them have limitations and/or pitfalls.. and all I have to say to that, if it is the case.. is 'your' life is anything but typical, and you might want to just be extremely thankful for that as opposed to looking down on others (virtually everyone else) who have to make hard choices over the course of their lives......

Either that, or you're just in the habit of extending more grace to yourself than to others...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.