ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Mixers... Considering possibilities  (Read 15202 times)

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Re: Digital Mixers... Considering possibilities
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »

Mark Simpson wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 13:47

Life is a very messy minefield.. If you haven't figured that out by now, then you are either very young and idealistic.. or aren't paying attention and have thus far not had to personally make decisions where you have to choose between several paths where 'all' of them have limitations and/or pitfalls.. and all I have to say to that, if it is the case.. is 'your' life is anything but typical, and you might want to just be extremely thankful for that as opposed to looking down on others (virtually everyone else) who have to make hard choices over the course of their lives......

Either that, or you're just in the habit of extending more grace to yourself than to others...

Jessica, you're such the drama queen. You act as if you're the only person ever who has any any tsuris in his life. Your incessant whinging simply informs us that you've a got a victim complex a mile wide. Man up and get over yourself.

-a
"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Mark Simpson

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 14:24

Jessica, you're such the drama queen. You act as if you're the only person ever who has any any tsuris in his life. Your incessant whinging simply informs us that you've a got a victim complex a mile wide. Man up and get over yourself.

-a

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.. I won't begrudge you that.. But again, that has no bearing on what is true... It's just 'your' opinion..

I'll tell you another thing you can 'know' about me from all this.. That I'm not one to hold secret resentments about people and then go behind their backs and gossip to others about them..  

If I have an issue with you, I'll tell you straight up to your face.. then we can have it out, settle the issue and shake hands.. Going on from there with an understanding of 'exactly' what the other thinks about the situation... That's 'my' version of 'manning up'.. Evidently 'yours' is name calling and rock throwing.. If that's the kind of 'man' you want to be, I will not begrudge you of that either.. It's entirely your choice... I do well enough to make my own choices...

Ask yourself what it is you are you trying to accomplish here by sticking your nose into this with childish name calling? What do stand to gain from it?..

How old are you Andy, if you don't mind my asking?

Tom Young

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2010, 06:28:16 AM »

Please see the PM I sent you.
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Dick Rees

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 11:39:26 AM »

Andy Peters wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 17:24

Mark Simpson wrote on Wed, 16 June 2010 13:47

Life is a very messy minefield.. If you haven't figured that out by now, then you are either very young and idealistic.. or aren't paying attention and have thus far not had to personally make decisions where you have to choose between several paths where 'all' of them have limitations and/or pitfalls.. and all I have to say to that, if it is the case.. is 'your' life is anything but typical, and you might want to just be extremely thankful for that as opposed to looking down on others (virtually everyone else) who have to make hard choices over the course of their lives......

Either that, or you're just in the habit of extending more grace to yourself than to others...

-a

Just trying my hand at making a clickable link......

Edit:  Learn something new every day.

Don Sullivan

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 08:51:54 PM »

I have an 03D and the Behringer 8 ch external preamp. While I love the desk and external pre-amp (which does have phantom power) My 03D started stuttering and occasionally dropping out audio altogether. I purchased a service manual and ran the self-diagnostics which told me that one of the memory chips was bad. I sent the desk to Yamaha for repair, since I do not own soldering tools for large surface mount integrated circuits. Turns out that all that was wrong were solder joints on some of the ribbon-cable terminations on one of the circuit boards. This apparently is a common problem with the 03D. I do love the board for both recording and live work.

BTW, My 03D is for sale on Craigslist for $500.00 with ADAT card if anyone is interested.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/1831865393.html

Cool

Tim Padrick

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2010, 02:57:55 AM »

Mark Simpson wrote on Tue, 15 June 2010 06:52

What I don't like about the presonus units is the lack of motorized faders.. If I'm going to be using layers, I want the fader positions to reflect the current layer in use, so that 'at a glance' I can see what's going on... And I don't want to have to move the fader a lot, to get to the current fader position to make a minor adjustment...

The Presonus has only one layer, so unless one is changing scenes during active audio, the lack of flying faders is not much of a negative.

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »

Tim Padrick wrote on Mon, 12 July 2010 07:57

Mark Simpson wrote on Tue, 15 June 2010 06:52

What I don't like about the presonus units is the lack of motorized faders.. If I'm going to be using layers, I want the fader positions to reflect the current layer in use, so that 'at a glance' I can see what's going on... And I don't want to have to move the fader a lot, to get to the current fader position to make a minor adjustment...

The Presonus has only one layer, so unless one is changing scenes during active audio, the lack of flying faders is not much of a negative.

I can see where not having the faders set themselves properly when a new scene is brought up is a big disadvantage. We have that situation on our lighting board, and it can make things more confusing than they need to be.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.