ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 700 range  (Read 7562 times)

Robert Whittemore

700 range
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:47:56 am »

One thing that few if any have mentioned is that many of the frequencies inside the 700 range were also set aside for emergency responders such as 911, police and fire departments. Operating in this range regardless of where you live could interfere with them causing the death of someone. The FCC will then fine AND imprison you. This is on their website.

Keith Shannon

Re: 700 range
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:57:35 am »

AFAIK, the new usage of the 700MHz range for first responders has been pretty well-understood around here, but thanks for illuminating the potential human cost of continuing to operate in the 700MHz range.

Brad Weber

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 03:51:46 pm »

I wouldn't say that "many" of the frequencies are dedicated to first responders and some that are are a result of no one else bidding on the limited spectrum it represents but the potential life safety related communications issues are something the wireless mic manufacturers and many others have been addressing since this issue first arose.  Unfortunately, I think it may take just such a 'worst case scenario' or two to actually happen to get some people to believe that it is real and could apply to them.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Robert Whittemore

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:08:55 pm »

You are correct that it may not be many emergency responders that will use this range. I have just heard too many people that think this will not apply to them because they live far out in rural areas where there are no tv stations. They still have 911, state police, fire departments, etc. where this will apply. Pleading poverty is not an option when you could potentially be risking a life.

Mark Simpson

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:50:00 am »

Robert Whittemore wrote on Tue, 08 June 2010 13:08

You are correct that it may not be many emergency responders that will use this range. I have just heard too many people that think this will not apply to them because they live far out in rural areas where there are no tv stations. They still have 911, state police, fire departments, etc. where this will apply. Pleading poverty is not an option when you could potentially be risking a life.

Oh for crying out loud people! Give it a rest!

Our transmitter is 171.905 Mhz!

When I found out about this law, I asked about enforcement hoping to find out that we might have a little time to deal with getting a new wireless "IF" we were in violation..

Some here decided to become pharisees and 'immediately' start condemning my church as immoral hypocrites! When 'they' did not even know about it yet...

Why is it 'so' important to keep digging this back up and throwing it in my face? How does this attitude differentiate you from the world and the way those who live for it treat each other?

I am learning (the hard way) the incredible wisdom of the Lord when like a sheep before the shearers, He refused to open His mouth in His own defense.. It just gets rendered back at you as pearls underfoot of swine....

I expect this critical spirit from the world, but there are places where it happens that it 'really' saddens me... like from those who claim on one hand to be my brother or sister, and on the other are the very 'first' to pick up and cast the stone....

If it makes you happy for me to say so, then yes, I indeed am an immoral hypocrite, thief, and a liar... a work in progress...

At one level or another, 'all' men are hypocrites and liars... And if you think that you are not, then the truth is not in you.. so look intently in the mirror first before you pick up that stone..

Put childish ways behind you...

Robert Whittemore

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:10 am »

Mark Simpson wrote on Wed, 09 June 2010 10:50

Robert Whittemore wrote on Tue, 08 June 2010 13:08

Oh for crying out loud people! Give it a rest!

Our transmitter is 171.905 Mhz!

When I found out about this law, I asked about enforcement hoping to find out that we might have a little time to deal with getting a new wireless "IF" we were in violation..

Some here decided to become pharisees and 'immediately' start condemning my church as immoral hypocrites! When 'they' did not even know about it yet...

Why is it 'so' important to keep digging this back up and throwing it in my face? How does this attitude differentiate you from the world and the way those who live for it treat each other?

I am learning (the hard way) the incredible wisdom of the Lord when like a sheep before the shearers, He refused to open His mouth in His own defense.. It just gets rendered back at you as pearls underfoot of swine....

I expect this critical spirit from the world, but there are places where it happens that it 'really' saddens me... like from those who claim on one hand to be my brother or sister, and on the other are the very 'first' to pick up and cast the stone....

If it makes you happy for me to say so, then yes, I indeed am an immoral hypocrite, thief, and a liar... a work in progress...

At one level or another, 'all' men are hypocrites and liars... And if you think that you are not, then the truth is not in you.. so look intently in the mirror first before you pick up that stone..

Put childish ways behind you...

If you are not in the 700 range then this does not apply to you. Relax.

Mark Simpson

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:15:49 am »

Yeah, it just 'happened' to describe the 'exact' same circumstances as what was put forth in the previous thread that got locked out (for which I was thankful for).. What a coincidence! Amazing!

It is 'obvious' from the parts I highlighted in the quote who this applied to.. I am 'not' a stupid man that I can not discern the obvious..

It is one thing to discuss the issue, and I look forward to reading the perspectives on this one, but at the end of the 'other' thread, a certain poster just 'had' to get one last stone in 'after' things had calmed down and handshakes had been made all around... and then in this one, there appears to be a desire to throw more rocks..

Just drop the rock throwing, and discuss the issue.. How hard is that? Unless of course one's primary purpose in taking part in the discussion is to get his opportunity to stone the harlot....

Robert Whittemore

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:25:43 am »

Mark Simpson wrote on Wed, 09 June 2010 11:15

Yeah, it just 'happened' to describe the 'exact' same circumstances as what was put forth in the previous thread that got locked out (for which I was thankful for).. What a coincidence! Amazing!

It is 'obvious' from the parts I highlighted in the quote who this applied to.. I am 'not' a stupid man that I can not discern the obvious..

It is one thing to discuss the issue, and I look forward to reading the perspectives on this one, but at the end of the 'other' thread, a certain poster just 'had' to get one last stone in 'after' things had calmed down and handshakes had been made all around... and then in this one, there appears to be a desire to throw more rocks..

Just drop the rock throwing, and discuss the issue.. How hard is that? Unless of course one's primary purpose in taking part in the discussion is to get his opportunity to stone the harlot....

Once again. Relax. If you are not in the 700 range you have nothing to worry about. People that are need to know about the potential "human cost" of not vacating. It had not been pointed out and it needed to be.

Mark Simpson

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 11:45:06 am »

I make the mistake of thinking my brothers and sisters will 'embrace' the mirror... but it is human nature to be reviled by it.... I make this mistake over and over, and the thing the Lord is taking me through now, is learning that defending myself is 'pointless'...

I think I'm getting fairly close to 'getting it'... I fully understand the principle, just have to work on the habit.... as one gets older, bad habits are more ingrained..

Instead of offering a defense, I need to learn to go to prayer first, and let God do the defending....

Robert Whittemore

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 11:49:50 am »

Prayer is always a great answer! Sorry if it came off as a personal attack...not my intention. God bless!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 11:49:50 am »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.