ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Training a sound Team  (Read 7259 times)

BobWitte

• Soundman, Consultant, Love all things audio
    • Cascading Waters Audio
Re: Training a sound Team
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »

Kyle - how did things go/did you go/any words of wisdom???

Bob

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »

Kyle - how did things go/did you go/any words of wisdom???

Bob

I ended up purchasing the teacher edition of Church Sound Boot Camp by Curt Taipale. The material is very good and comprehensive. However, it doesn't address powered speakers nor digital consoles.

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat, you won't be able to edit the material. Even if you have a Mac.

The PowerPoint slides are well done and to the point. I only noticed one slide that had a mistake.

The group I taught really enjoyed the material, it's good even for the seasoned sound tech. (I know of a few seasoned guys that could definitely use a refresher like this.) It's obvious that Curt put a great deal of time into laying out what is needed and what is not. We didn't have any problems staying on track.

After each section, I would address the specifics of their system. I think the hands on was very important for them. We reset their system. It frustrated the worship team, but they aren't used to doing sound checks. Since, the worship pastor was part of the training, he was able to understand the importance of a good sound check. I stuck around for the service on Sunday. It sounded really great. The senior pastor said he liked the sound, but wished it was louder. (It was pushing 90 dB SPL).

In all it was a very successful training. I'm looking forward to presenting my team with the same material.

I want to thank everyone for their input. I apologize if I was rude in any way in my responses.

Thank you,

Kyle

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.