ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GEQ in LS9 Stagemix  (Read 10078 times)

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
GEQ in LS9 Stagemix
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:24:51 AM »

Anyone used the GEQ function in Stagemix for the LS9?  I have Flex15 EQs inserted on a bunch of mixes but I can't figure out how to see and adjust them from within Stagemix.  The photo on the Yamaha web site shows a separate GEQ button at the top of the PEQ screen but I don't see it.  I do see the small blue circle beside the small filled green circle in the mixer screen for those mixes where I have the GEQs inserted.

Also, I suspect the answer is no, that's the way the iPad works, but is there a way to maintain the connection when switching to another iPad function (e.g., using Safari, checking weather)?  When I go back to Stagemix, I have to re-connect.

Kirby

Nate Conti

Re: GEQ in LS9 Stagemix
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »

Anyone used the GEQ function in Stagemix for the LS9?  I have Flex15 EQs inserted on a bunch of mixes but I can't figure out how to see and adjust them from within Stagemix.  The photo on the Yamaha web site shows a separate GEQ button at the top of the PEQ screen but I don't see it.  I do see the small blue circle beside the small filled green circle in the mixer screen for those mixes where I have the GEQs inserted.

Also, I suspect the answer is no, that's the way the iPad works, but is there a way to maintain the connection when switching to another iPad function (e.g., using Safari, checking weather)?  When I go back to Stagemix, I have to re-connect.

Kirby

I think I have an answer to both your questions. As far as I know there is no seperate GEQ button to get to the 31 band or Flex 15 but you are almost on the right track. That blue and green circle you see on the channel means there is another screen available to you. What you need to do is put your finger on the Parametric EQ area and flip your finger left or right and it will toggle between GEQ and Parametric EQ.

As to your other question it seems there is no way to switch between apps without losing the SM app and having to resync it. However I do suspect as time goes on that Yamaha will have updates to the app that will enable constant connectivity and possibly other great features like dynamics etc...
Crescent Pro Audio

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:04:51 AM »

As to your other question it seems there is no way to switch between apps without losing the SM app and having to resync it. However I do suspect as time goes on that Yamaha will have updates to the app that will enable constant connectivity and possibly other great features like dynamics etc...

The app switching is a limitation of the iPad OS.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nate Conti

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »

You may be right on this one but I could have sworn I had some apps that did allow them to stay running. I will have to double check now. Would be a great feature making it more like a PC.
Crescent Pro Audio

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: app switching in IOS
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »

You may be right on this one but I could have sworn I had some apps that did allow them to stay running. I will have to double check now. Would be a great feature making it more like a PC.

It was a choice of battery life vs background processing. There are very few apps allowed to run in the background, the iPod app is one, I think Mail is another.

Mac

Nate Conti

Re: app switching in IOS
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

It was a choice of battery life vs background processing. There are very few apps allowed to run in the background, the iPod app is one, I think Mail is another.

Mac

It's good that it can do still do it though. Maybe with the new ipad having 2 processors the resources won't be such an issue.
Crescent Pro Audio

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »

put your finger on the Parametric EQ area and flip your finger left or right and it will toggle between GEQ and Parametric EQ.

Thanks Nate -- that was it.

Nate Conti

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »

put your finger on the Parametric EQ area and flip your finger left or right and it will toggle between GEQ and Parametric EQ.

Thanks Nate -- that was it.
No problem, I was also annoyed when I could not find it  ;D.
Crescent Pro Audio

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »

...but I could have sworn I had some apps that did allow them to stay running...
There are some jailbroken apps that allow multi-tasking on the iPad, but reviews I've read indicate that the performance hit is really pronounced. For us it's one thing at a time when mixing... that's OK  :)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »

Not true. Remoter can maintain a VNC connection when backgrounded. One of the many reasons I like it.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.