ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCD for monitor  (Read 7827 times)

Cliff Jeffrey

LCD for monitor
« on: February 18, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »

We use a 17" CRT monitor for infront of the worship leader & Pastor. That way they can see what is on the screen with out turning around. It is about 10 - 12' away.

We would like to go larger. The thing I have noticed with LCD is if you change angles it becomes unclear. Are there any options or brands I should look at?

A Data Projector on the back wall is not an option right now.

Thanks for any help.

Ryan Fluharty

• http://www.geocities.com/hartvideoproductions
Re: LCD for monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »

You may want to look at purchasing a TV instead of a computer monitor.  LCD TVs normally have a PC input to hookup a computer.  If you stick with name brands like Sony, viewing angles are normally higher.  Another option to consider is an LED tv.  They don't have the issue of changing image brightness that you mention in LCD displays.  I know Vizio makes some in the 22-26" range that might do what you want them to.

Cliff Jeffrey

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »

Thanks will look into Tv and Led

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »

Cliff Jeffrey wrote on Thu, 18 February 2010 19:32

We use a 17" CRT monitor for infront of the worship leader & Pastor. That way they can see what is on the screen with out turning around. It is about 10 - 12' away.

We would like to go larger. The thing I have noticed with LCD is if you change angles it becomes unclear. Are there any options or brands I should look at?

Poor brightness off-axis is not inherent in LCD displays. For a laptop, a narrow acceptance angle might even be a feature because of privacy concerns while say, riding on an airplane. But there are laptops that have wide acceptance angles. My newer laptop is a lot better that way than my old one.

Most LCD TVs seem to have wide acceptance angles, but if you want a really wide, clear off-axis picture, check out plasma TVs. They are cheap now, and for your application 720p is probably not a problem.

Every HD TV I've ever seen has a 15 pin input for connection to a PC, and the HDMI inputs can be converted to DVI with a cheap passive adaptor.

Stephen Maloney

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 06:53:40 AM »

Another option is to look for an LCD monitor that uses a screen technology called in plane switching (IPS). You'll typically find these in the higher end dell monitors. They provide extremely good viewing angles over the lower end TN panels that you find in most lcd monitors.

You can get an idea of the improvement in viewing angle on some youtube comparisons, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG7XNwbUYEM

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 06:53:40 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.