Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

JBL CBT 70J

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dick Rees:
It is always dangerous to take your deployment options from a customer who wants them to "look good" or not be noticeable. It should be done right or not at all.  Like Brad implies, if you're asking such questions you are probably not experienced enough to guide them through the project successfully.

Sad but true....

Dennis Bledsoe:
Yes we have install 5 of the 70 series we use them in a fan position to help with dispersion and with the install we were able to fulfill those needs of the church we will continue to use as a line a ray speaker

Brad Weber:
Dennis Bledsoe wrote on Thu, 10 February 2011 20:01
Yes we have install 5 of the 70 series we use them in a fan position to help with dispersion and with the install we were able to fulfill those needs of the church we will continue to use as a line a ray speaker

With the associated nominal 150 degree horizontal beamwidth, and probably that or greater up to 6kHz, that is a rather unusual deployment.  Based on the mounting height and aiming, I also assume those are being run in the 'broad' mode with a nominal 45 degree vertical pattern rather than the 'narrow' mode.  Seriously, based solely on the picture I'd be curious to as to how it would sound if you ran just the one center box.

Dick Rees:
1.  Try re-sizing your pictures so they don't bloat the thread.

2.  This is definitely NOT how such speakers should be deployed.  The multiple pattern overlap is truly the wrong way to go.

Don Sneed:
So Dennis what did it sound like when you got through....I can see Brads point of view with the 150 degrees hort. & overlapping, did you use a sub with this? How was the music & speaking? The specs for this speaker is great with the extended low cabinet, being low profile I can hide easily or blend with the decor. Do not know any church using these, I am a sound contractor, not a JBL dealer so getting a demo would be out of the question, I have to rely on you guys input & the specs sheet. I am interested in the sound output clarity for both speech & music, I know the vert & hort is good & will fit my needs. Thanks for your input...

Don Sneed
Commercial Sound Services
Texas City, Texas
www.commercialsoundservices.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version