Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Processor or No Processor???

<< < (2/2)

No Name:

--- Quote from: Chris Hunt on January 13, 2011, 02:30:15 pm ---Thanks Bennett, I thought about that.  Would there be any advantage of using the processor in that way over using the SC48 GEQ and output delays for accomplishing what you are talking about?  That is to say I am happy with the built-in cross over point of the speakers.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---

If you are happy with the output processing the SC48 gives you, then yes, you dont have to  use an external DSP with your tops, although many people prefer to have a DSP inline as well as the output processing on a digital console, even with small systems, as it allows for extra control and routing options.

Adam

JamesButera:
Just keep running from your Matrix Outs. That way you have built in delay that you can control from FOH as well as 4 available inserts and a graphic for processing. As far as the subs you could still feed the AUX into the Matrix in the drop down menus. Or use the MONO bus and then route that through a Matrix before hitting the EV to free up an AUX. Does any body know if theres a small amount if any delay since the subs are doing an A-D switch and then back again before hitting the power amp? I wonder if itd be worth getting a high quality analogue crossover and and using graphics/parametrics on the VENUE to shape the sub EQ? That way no conversion.....just a thought.

George Dougherty:

--- Quote from: JamesButera on January 14, 2011, 11:35:52 pm ---Just keep running from your Matrix Outs. That way you have built in delay that you can control from FOH as well as 4 available inserts and a graphic for processing. As far as the subs you could still feed the AUX into the Matrix in the drop down menus. Or use the MONO bus and then route that through a Matrix before hitting the EV to free up an AUX. Does any body know if theres a small amount if any delay since the subs are doing an A-D switch and then back again before hitting the power amp? I wonder if itd be worth getting a high quality analogue crossover and and using graphics/parametrics on the VENUE to shape the sub EQ? That way no conversion.....just a thought.

--- End quote ---

For sub duty, any latency added by the IT6000 would be negligible.  Something at a lower price point than the I-Tech coupled with an analog crossover would probably be adequate and lower cost though.  Downside, you lose all the IT6000 processing if you decided you wanted to use it for something else after selling off the EV processor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version