Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Processor or No Processor???

(1/2) > >>

Chris Hunt:
Here's the scenerio: 4 QSC HPR153i, 2 JBL SRX728.  Currently I am running thru an EV DC-One in Stereo.  I want to aux feed my subs and without a 3 input DSP, I can't do this.  I have a Macro3600 for the subs, so direct to the amp is out of the question.  My option is this, and I want to see what opinions you guys have.  I want to get a IT6000 for my subs.  If I had this, I could go direct out of the console to the tops (powered and crossed at 100hz on their own), then out a sub direct to the IT6000, where I can cross the subs internally.  If I did this, I could get rid of the DC-One to offset the cost of the amp.  Will this work as a stereo setup with aux fed subs?  Is there a better way?  Thanks!!

Bennett Prescott:
It will work but you will want to keep the EV processor anyway. You may need to provide a different high pass in your tops, equalize them at crossover, delay them to align with the subwoofer, or use the processor for house EQ.

Chris Hunt:

--- Quote from: Bennett Prescott on January 13, 2011, 02:27:23 pm ---It will work but you will want to keep the EV processor anyway. You may need to provide a different high pass in your tops, equalize them at crossover, delay them to align with the subwoofer, or use the processor for house EQ.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bennett, I thought about that.  Would there be any advantage of using the processor in that way over using the SC48 GEQ and output delays for accomplishing what you are talking about?  That is to say I am happy with the built-in cross over point of the speakers.  Thanks!

Mike Caldwell:
You could get a PIP card for the MA3600 amp. The older AMC and BP1 cards can be set up as a crossover / bandpass filter. The digital PIP cards are still current.

Bennett Prescott:

--- Quote from: Chris Hunt on January 13, 2011, 02:30:15 pm ---Thanks Bennett, I thought about that.  Would there be any advantage of using the processor in that way over using the SC48 GEQ and output delays for accomplishing what you are talking about?  That is to say I am happy with the built-in cross over point of the speakers.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Nope, six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version