ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 0v196VCM  (Read 2552 times)

Mario Barroga

Yamaha 0v196VCM
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »

I understand that you can cascade (link) two yamaha 0v196VCM together. My purpose is for theater application for our church. I have two questions:

* What are the steps to link the two so that they operate as a "single unit"?

* Will the scene setup/changes apply to both units and controlled off of the "master unit"?

For those of you with insight/experience on this, would appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Mario

George S Dougherty

Re: Yamaha 0v196VCM
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:53:04 AM »

Mario wrote on Tue, 19 January 2010 09:43

I understand that you can cascade (link) two yamaha 0v196VCM together. My purpose is for theater application for our church. I have two questions:

* What are the steps to link the two so that they operate as a "single unit"?

* Will the scene setup/changes apply to both units and controlled off of the "master unit"?

For those of you with insight/experience on this, would appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Mario

IIRC, the O1v96 manual has a section on how exactly, step-by-step to link the mixers, including all the necessary cables and settings.

Also, do you have both units already or are you looking to purchase one or both?  If you don't have them both already I'd suggest you take a look at Software Audio Console.  I was about settled on an 01v96VCM with 16 channel ADAT expansion and 24 channels of preamp connected by ADAT to replace my large format 32 channel analog desk I used for outdoor ministry events.  For the same ~$3K cost I built a 32x32 SAC setup that has more features than an M7CL, sounds far better than an 01v or M7CL and can expand out to a 72x72 mixer if I want it to.  The software is constantly being improved and it's feature-rich right now.  I occasionally get to run big boards like the M7 and PM5D's and I always find myself wishing for something I can't do or could do more easily in SAC.  It took a week or two, but I got over not having physical knobs and faders (still an addable option though) and my entire FOH desk packs in my backpack and I'm typing on it now Smile

George S Dougherty

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

Mario Barroga

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »

Hi George,

Thanks for the quick reply. No, we have not puchased the units yet. Thanks for your suggestion on the SAC. I'll check it out.
Mario

Benamin John Brunskill

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »

Mario, another option for you might be the Presonus StudioLive, 2 units can be linked and I believe they are cheaper than the Yamaha.

Mario Barroga

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »

Thanks John. In fact I already own a StudioLive but was looking for a unit that had motorized faders.
Mario

Ron Balsom

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

The Presonus Live I felt is definately easier to learn and operate.  I believe some $3700 will get 2ea units with the patch cable. You'll end up with 4 additional mic pres than the Yamahas'.  The Yamaha is a great product, don't get me wrong, however I believe it came onto the scene as more of a 'production console' than a 'front of house' mixer.  You'll like the Presonus, I'm sure.  Ron Balsom  HPCC  Casper, Wyoming  
RonB.  /   Ron Balsom HPCC.

Mario Barroga

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »

Presonus also announced recently the StudioLive 24.4.2, their 24 channel unit which will be out Q2. I do like my StudioLive 16.4.2. Only wish it had motorized faders. I realized Presonus did this as a marketing strategy for pricing purposes.
Mario

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.