ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you setup picture and picture and board-cast it?  (Read 11375 times)

Alberto Reyes

How do you setup picture and picture and board-cast it?
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:35:51 PM »

Hi, this is my first post on this site. We currently have a simple setup. The Sanyo projector is use at the front of the church on a Win 7 laptop. In the back, I have a Sony SD camcorder feed a live feed direct to an audio/video distributor by composite. As well we currently receive the sound from a Mackie MKII through the AUX send. We do have video machine but tend to delay the video anytime I use it to send the video. I would like to make the power-point the main picture and the speaker the PIP. If you need more information I can provide that.      

Taylor Phillips

Re: How do you setup picture and picture and board-cast it?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »

So you are trying to put the video of the speaker and the powerpoint slide on the screen at the same time?  Is this for live broadcast, recorded of both? Inserting the PowerPoint into recorded video is just a matter of editing, so I'm guessing you're concern is for live broadcast to the main screen.  You may be able to accomplish what you want if you send the video to the laptop and through the right software, but I unfortunately I don't know which programs do this. What might be easier is to switch between PowerPoint and the speaker.  Of course, you might be doing that already.

Alberto Reyes

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:48:34 PM »

I'm try to do it for live broadcast to TVs around the church, luckily not to the main screen. Just looking to see if there is any program or hardware that allow an overlay of two live feeds at the same time. Basically a small box in the corner for the speaker and main picture being the power-point. I still haven't figure out how to get the power-point to the back yet but I assume there a wireless device that could use to do that.    

Alberto Reyes

Re: How do you setup picture and picture and broadcast it?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:19:51 AM »

It seem that I need something called a Picture-in-Picture generator or a multichannel video mixer. I not looking to spend too much on this but would like have some recommendation on which unit to buy. I'm looking for one that does RCA output but also has Component output. Lastly a way to get the power-point from the front to the back. I'm not looking for control over the power-point presentation just the image.  

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:15:35 AM »

Alberto Reyes wrote on Tue, 19 January 2010 22:48

I'm try to do it for live broadcast to TVs around the church, luckily not to the main screen. Just looking to see if there is any program or hardware that allow an overlay of two live feeds at the same time. Basically a small box in the corner for the speaker and main picture being the power-point. I still haven't figure out how to get the power-point to the back yet but I assume there a wireless device that could use to do that.    

Real time video overlays are usually done with hardware. There are common church video devices called scalers for doing things like this, and other things you may be thinking of.

Here's a likely-looking tool that came up with a little googling:

http://www.markertek.com/Video-Equipment/Video-Processors/Vi deo-Scalers/TV-One/C2-4100.xhtml

There are many competitive products.

You might want to wander around that site to get an idea about what is out there.

There are many others in all price ranges, depending on what you really want to do.

Kristian Stevenson

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »

We use the Kramer VP-720xl as a video switch but it also has PIP. You could send your laptop in via VGA and the video feed via composite. It allows you to decide which source is the main and which one is the PIP, along with allowing you to move the PIP around and change its size.

http://www.kramerelectronics.com/products/model.asp?pid=381

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.