ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Interference  (Read 7267 times)

Shawn Smelcer

Video Interference
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:32:54 PM »

I have a video monitor that I use to monitor the video feed we send to the other televisions in the church. I've also seen this issue with the video from the projector as well. The issue I've seen is when any input source is active there is interence(lines on screen) of the monitors. If I turn down the gain and turn up the volume then it seems to remove the lines but the gain almost has to be one click before +4U and the volume around 0db. However, it's still not exactly perfect. I'm sure there is an easy explanation but everything I've tried is not working.

I'm not sure if the shielding is not correct.  I'm using S-Video to one video source and RCA cables to another .. both experience the same issue.

It hasn't done this in the past.
Thanks,
Shawn

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
Re: Video Interference
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:05:41 AM »

Shawn Smelcer wrote on Wed, 13 January 2010 19:32

I have a video monitor that I use to monitor the video feed we send to the other televisions in the church. I've also seen this issue with the video from the projector as well. The issue I've seen is when any input source is active there is interence(lines on screen) of the monitors. If I turn down the gain and turn up the volume then it seems to remove the lines but the gain almost has to be one click before +4U and the volume around 0db. However, it's still not exactly perfect. I'm sure there is an easy explanation but everything I've tried is not working.

Sounds like a grounding problem. What have you changed lately? Something as apparently simple as plugging power cords into different outlets can cause problems like these.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Video Interference
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:05:41 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.