ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need preamp for SM91!!  (Read 3264 times)

Dan Kreider

Need preamp for SM91!!
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »

Hi guys,

I purchased an SM91 on Ebay and got scheistered.  It didn't come with the pre-amp.  I haven't been able to return it.  I purchased a pre-amp for the Beta series, but it's 4-pin instead of 3-pin.

Obviously, the SM series is long gone.  I can't find a replacement pre-amp ANYWHERE - from Shure, from vendors, anywhere.

So.....  does anyone have an extra preamp (ILP-3) just kinda, you know, lying around?  Next question - is there a way I can tweak the preamp for the Beta series to make it work?

And if all else fails...  anyone interested in an SM91 sans pre-amp??  (wink, wink).  Good stuff, those 91's!!  Seriously, I'd be willing to unload it, b/c it's no good to be without a pre-amp.

PS - I read the rules...  I'm not a vendor.  Hope this doesn't qualify as "advertising"....

Thanks!
Dan

Dick Rees

Re: Need preamp for SM91!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »

Dan....

Sorry the Beta thing didn't work out.  I wondered if it would as these things tend to be purpose built for their particular elements and the Beta is just not an SM.

Have you tried contacting the Ebay vendor for whom I posted a link in your "mini-XLR" question?

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:06:50 AM »

The cable for the Beta91 has a TA3F connector on one end and a TA4F connector on the other...make sure you tried both ends of the cable.

This tidbit is from Shure's Knowledge Base - an apparently unknown source of wonderful information.
--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »

Any luck with the preamp?

Dan Kreider

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »

Dick,

I did contact the vendor - he's got several, and he's going to hook me up.  (fingers crossed)

I'm pretty pumped about getting an SM91, which I hear is actually better than the new Beta series.  But I may not be able to tell the difference.  =0)

Thanks!
Dan

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »

So, you are buying the matching preamp for the SM91?

Did you read the info in the link I posted?  Apparently, you just need to buy the 3-pin to 4-pin cable from Shure in order to use the Beta91 preamp.  The cable should cost around $30.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.