ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: smaart tools for iphone and ipad  (Read 11935 times)

Nate Conti

smaart tools for iphone and ipad
« on: January 13, 2011, 12:42:58 PM »

Just saw that they will be releasing SMAART in app purchase through audiotools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OaVr_AjzFY
Crescent Pro Audio

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
Re: smaart tools for iphone and ipad
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:30:49 PM »

But... the only useful thing it does is spectrograph. There are plenty of RTAs out there, I want something that lets me see the Smaart measurement I'm taking on my computer on my iPhone so I can walk around a room!
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Nate Conti

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »

I agree. Still seems very cool that they are at least starting to move down that road. Splashtop is a pretty cool remote desktop that seems to run faster then a traditional remote desktop app because you actually install software on the PC as well. Check that out it may help you with smaart remotely.

I really want Yamaha to adapt Studio Manager to the ipad so i can eliminate remote desktop! I saw that they have stage mix for the M7CL which looks like it functions well.
Crescent Pro Audio

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »

I really want Yamaha to adapt Studio Manager to the ipad so i can eliminate remote desktop! I saw that they have stage mix for the M7CL which looks like it functions well.

I used StageMix for the first time his week. I had a few dropout issues with the RF link, but the console operation was very slick. I have workout the Airport Express setup a little better, but I was impressed.

Mac

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Already works with SysTune
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »

But... the only useful thing it does is spectrograph. There are plenty of RTAs out there, I want something that lets me see the Smaart measurement I'm taking on my computer on my iPhone so I can walk around a room!

At InfoComm last year AFMG demoed SysTune being displayed on iPhone / iPad via WiFi as the app ran on a notebook computer.  It was a basic display but the proof of concept and implementation is there and working.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Gareth Marsh

Re: Already works with SysTune
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 02:27:35 AM »

At InfoComm last year AFMG demoed SysTune being displayed on iPhone / iPad via WiFi as the app ran on a notebook computer.  It was a basic display but the proof of concept and implementation is there and working.

I've been using VNC to control my Macbook (with Smaart) wirelessly with an iPad as a workaround until someone comes up with something proper.

It works quite well and allows me to tweak mic positions while seeing what the measurements look like in real(ish) time.

It's also handy for swapping between pink noise for measuring and music for listening while walking the room.

Cheers

Gareth
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:16:37 AM by Gareth Marsh »

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »

VNC works great for Ipad..

I've been using it for a bit now :)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 05:05:34 PM »

VNC works great for Ipad..

I've been using it for a bit now :)

I'm not a real IT guy, I just play one on the Internet. I'm sure I'm not alone in my lack of experience with VNC, would one of you using it successfully post a quick guide to getting it up and running? I've used my iPad with StageMix successfully, but that's as far as I've gone in the wireless remote area.

Mac

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 07:40:50 PM »

I'm not a real IT guy, I just play one on the Internet. I'm sure I'm not alone in my lack of experience with VNC, would one of you using it successfully post a quick guide to getting it up and running? I've used my iPad with StageMix successfully, but that's as far as I've gone in the wireless remote area.

Mac

Simple mode for using VNC with any laptop/computer that is connected to a lighting system, audio system, console, etc.

1.Install VNC server on the host computer (the one connecting to the gear). There are several different paid versions - the best that has "self discovery" (which is simple network discovery without knowing an ip) is probably best for most of you.

2. Attach "Server" to a wireless router via cable or on board wireless

3. Run VNC Viewer on your tablet/ipad/PDA. Enter IP of "server" and viola! you are in

You can configure security as much as you want.. not really needed unless you intend to leave such things up during a show.

Gareth Marsh

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 11:50:02 PM »

Simple mode for using VNC with any laptop/computer that is connected to a lighting system, audio system, console, etc.

1.Install VNC server on the host computer (the one connecting to the gear). There are several different paid versions - the best that has "self discovery" (which is simple network discovery without knowing an ip) is probably best for most of you.

2. Attach "Server" to a wireless router via cable or on board wireless

3. Run VNC Viewer on your tablet/ipad/PDA. Enter IP of "server" and viola! you are in

You can configure security as much as you want.. not really needed unless you intend to leave such things up during a show.

FWIW those of you wanting to use VNC on a Mac can only use the Enterprise Edition of RealVNC.

There was also an update to the viewer app for iPad that greatly reduced the time that it takes me to connect with my mac, so make sure you're using the latest version.

Setup is quite easy on the computer (server). On the main settings page you can configure the authentication options for viewers and security, etc.

Cheers

Gareth

Nate Conti

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »

smaart tools for iphone and ipad are now available if anyone is interested.
Crescent Pro Audio

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »

FWIW those of you wanting to use VNC on a Mac can only use the Enterprise Edition of RealVNC.

There was also an update to the viewer app for iPad that greatly reduced the time that it takes me to connect with my mac, so make sure you're using the latest version.

Setup is quite easy on the computer (server). On the main settings page you can configure the authentication options for viewers and security, etc.

Cheers

Gareth

I don't think you need any additional VNC program running on the mac side. It is built into the OS under screen sharing. In system preferences > Sharing> Screen sharing turn that on and it will give you the IP to connect to.

Also for VNC Client on IPad I have had good luck running iTeleport.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Dornbrook

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 03:23:54 AM »

smaart tools for iphone and ipad are now available if anyone is interested.
iPad2 case
ipad 2 case leather
iPad2 cases

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 03:23:54 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.