ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help ID older 60A pin/sleeve connection  (Read 5321 times)

dave moldover

• Dance Jam Productions
Help ID older 60A pin/sleeve connection
« on: April 19, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »

Need to ID and source a male connection for this older unit. A venue we light regularly has a 60A 3P supply back of house. I want to tap their supply and use our PD to power a couple portable dimmers. Can anyone ID this older connector and offer a source? I have several plastic connectors at 60A & 100A but they won't fit this one.
thanks.

Todd Black

Re: Help ID older 60A pin/sleeve connection
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:20 PM »

Need to ID and source a male connection for this older unit. A venue we light regularly has a 60A 3P supply back of house. I want to tap their supply and use our PD to power a couple portable dimmers. Can anyone ID this older connector and offer a source? I have several plastic connectors at 60A & 100A but they won't fit this one.
thanks.

those can be tricky. There are several different manufacturers of those along with different insert and keying configurations. Crouse Hinds and Russellstoll are a couple. They usually have an information plate on them. There are no markings, part number or anything? I have a few, but without knowing what yours is its hard to help. Where is this located?

dave moldover

• Dance Jam Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »

It's located in the service hallway of an older Sheraton hotel in the Boston Suburbs. They have a feeder cable that connects the male connector to a scary looking home built distro with 60A main breakers in it. The cable is 6/5. I don't believe the connectors have any markings on them. I'm hours away from the location so I had a hotel employee email the pictures.

thanks.

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »

thanks.

An Option might be to Change out both the Male and Female Connectors with new parts that are Readily available.

Or go inside the junction box and wire the pig tails to that.

I work on old equipment all the time, And it is hard to justify the time (Expense) to track old equipment down.

Regards,  John
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:20:08 PM by John Livings »

James Feenstra

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:47:39 AM »

thanks.
you'd think a hotel would have some sort of distro/adapter available for that connector style, since it's nothing that's commonly used
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »

It's located in the service hallway of an older Sheraton hotel in the Boston Suburbs. They have a feeder cable that connects the male connector to a scary looking home built distro with 60A main breakers in it. The cable is 6/5. I don't believe the connectors have any markings on them. I'm hours away from the location so I had a hotel employee email the pictures.
you'd think a hotel would have some sort of distro/adapter available for that connector style, since it's nothing that's commonly used

They do, as the OP pointed out.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.