Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

Mic'n Drums with Shield?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Justin Langman:
Submix-ing is fine! We did that for a long time before we got a new board with more channels. Maybe you will lose a little bit of quality, but not enough to worry about.

You say you have enough cables, so you could submix your drum mics at FOH position. Just plug all your mics in, connect a suitable output on the submixer to a spare input on your main board, (or even a stereo in), get your drummer in to hit things, set gains and eqs, adjust the mix then you're about done.

You could get the drummer involved in setting up your drum mix and eqs. I just wouldn't want them having the ability to adjust the drum mix without knowing during a service. How can they have any idea what the mix sounds like in FOH from behind the drums in a cage?

Joe Long:
Youre awesome.

So what i'm thinkin we could do...we have a snake

mic the drums accordingly, send them through the snake back to the FOH submixer...then run stereo out to a channel on the board?

Joe Long:
Youre awesome.

mic the drums accordingly, send them through the snake back to the FOH submixer...then run stereo out to a channel on the board?

Dan Costello:
Jarron Wright wrote on Thu, 07 May 2009 04:03
Youre awesome.

That'll work. I'll reiterate the directive to not give the drummer control over this.

-Dan.

Joe Long:
Now that I think about it...the "sub mixer" we have is a good portible mixer with built in EQs, so im not sure how that'll do...
They keep telling me that we should just run it on stage with the mics plugged in yada yada yada...
I'll have to get the exact details on the mixer im talking about

anyway the people who wanna do it say everyone has the drummer mixing his own drums at stage and then just sending the mono/stereo channel back through the snake into the board

also if we did run it at the FOH would we have to use another amp for that mixer?
sorry if im losing anyone..i'll get back on here and edit more infor tonight ifnot tomorrow for sure.
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version