ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display text on Projectors, but block it out for recording.  (Read 3995 times)

Scott Gregson

Display text on Projectors, but block it out for recording.
« on: April 04, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »

Hi Guys
We run a Roland V440 mixer/switcher. Feed in 3 cameras and the pc for words and creche calls etc.

I need to be able to record the whole service without the creche calls and the all so regular " You left your lights on in the car park". However, i need our final video mix down and edits to be absent of these text overlays.

How do you guys do it.
I have been told that I should send the Computer signal to a corigen for display of creche calls and take my recording feed prior to the corigen.  This means I need another switcher for the PC to switch it form the V440 to the corigen which seems old to me..

I was pondering an alternate approach, maybe a type of device that Is placed in the last part of the video path out of our broadcast room, that I could type straight into for these types of calls. What types of devices are there. I don't want any scaling or signal loss just to simply overlay text and a reasonable cost

We are running typically RGB at 1366 X 768

help appreciated....?

Karl P(eterson)

Re: Display text on Projectors, but block it out for recording.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 08:17:18 AM »

A switcher with a clean feed? Then the words you want on your recording run on your standard key and the words you don't run on your DSK (or use two different DSK's and choose where you pick your clean from.

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

Scott Gregson

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »

Hi Karl
Thanks, but to show my ignorance I actually dont quite get what it is you have said. I only have one feed out of the switcher that goes to the rest of the builtding, my question is what devices are there that i can put in the path of that feed that will give me the ability to key on one of its out and a be free of the key on another of its outs if there is such a device.. You probably answered me but I dont get it sorry.

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »

1st off, You need to change your name. For some reason I didn't see your name the first time but this forum, as per the rules at the top of the forum, does not allow the use of aliases. This thread will probably be locked if you reply again without changing your name.

Now that the housekeeping is out of the way you need to tell us exactly what your signal flow is.

Example XXX camera and XXX computer going through XXX cable to XXX switcher/mixer/scaler to XXX extender over XXX cable to XXX devices.

After we understand exactly what you are doing we can probably help.

Edit: A clean feed is an option on a proper video switcher, the fact that you don't know what it is probably indicates you don't have it, but we will reserve that judgement until we hear back from you.

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

Scott Gregson

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:34:31 AM »

Sorry.. Done

We have
3 X Sony Z1 Cameras,
Dell 3 gig PC running easy worship  
all connected to a roland V440 vison mixer about 150 feet away all via Cat 5 using magenta senders and receiver's.
Additionally a couple of DVD players are connected directly to the V440

The master out of the desk is sent to a scaler that scales down for A mac to record with while also providing the continued RGB signal straight back to our 3 projectors via cat 5.

The system is running in RGB mode.

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:52:47 AM »

There we go Smile

If you post on the Church Sound side instead of the HOW AV, you will still be asked for your full name, but I think you are ok on this forum now. This is a great, professional, site and thus it might make sense to just use your full name so you can post in either forum without issue. Hopefully if Brian sees this he will clarify.

That all said I first need to ask what is going on where. Are your cameras and computer both coming in on the HD Side or are the cameras coming in on the SD Side?

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

Scott Gregson

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:01:06 PM »

Hi Karl
The cameras and computer are comming in on the HD side...
The dvd players on the SD side.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:01:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.