ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LiveWorship on PC  (Read 2712 times)

Fred Dorado

LiveWorship on PC
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:50:27 am »

Anyone used this?

I just started at a new church, and they have this installed on the computer they use for services, but no one was using it. I have been playing with it and it has some great features, but seems to run slow and sometimes freeze. At first I thought it was the computer, but I tried it the demo on my laptop which is dual core 2.0 mhz with 256meg video card and still same problems.

though I was playing with the video backgrounds - I am running Vista ultimate 64bit

I would like to use it because putting together the services and songs is so much easier than power point.

side note - anyone know quick and easy ways to use powerpoint - I think tonight I decided I am going to make each song it's own powerpoint and then import them into the weekly presentation.

DaveGetting

Re: LiveWorship on PC
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:35:09 am »

We use Easy Worship - so I can only answer part of your question.

We create/use individual PP presentations for each song and then import to EW.  I'd like to move to using the built-in song database so we can use backgrounds more.  

Back in our PP only days - we'd have one big presentation for the entire service.  The problem was if you made a change to a song it wasn't ever changed at the source so the next time we'd use that song we'd have to change it again...

Dave
Aurora, IL

Fred Dorado

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:17:30 pm »

thanks.... I have been playing with LiveWorship for the past couple of weeks and am finding that I like it.

It has some great features and fairly intuitive. I can also drag and drop ccli files and it automatically creates the slides and I can save them in the database.

I can also import PPT or let powerpoint have control of the screen if needed.

adding songs to a presentations couldn't be easier as they are grouped together.

on the fly editing

Now for the bad.

there is a lag between the time you click the next slide and the time it appears. This means that if you are not ahead of the music they can be halfway through the next verse before the slide changes. This just takes some anticipation.

for some reason the quick keys aren't working for me.

Our computer isn't slow, but it is a single core 2.8g with 1g of ram. I am going to try and up the ram and see if that helps

DaveGetting

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 05:17:05 pm »

Is it only when using PowerPoint or does it also do it with the SongSelect (CCLI)?

How about this?

http://liveworship.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=367

There were a few hits there when I did a search for 'slow'.  This seemed to have the best solutions.
Dave
Aurora, IL

Fred Dorado

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 07:48:15 pm »

it is just slow when transition from one slide to the next. Thanks for the link, I was there reading stuff, but hadn't found that one.

I have actually spent the week updating the computer, I don't think it has had any updates in about 2 years.

We will see if that helps this weekend. I am going to up it to 2g of ram and see if that helps

their tech support is helpful also, but haven't talked to him much about that.... I was mostly trying to figure it out on my laptop.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 07:48:15 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.