ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville E210 the worst vocal monitor ever???  (Read 13162 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Yorkville E210 the worst vocal monitor ever???
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »

Just to be clear, these Yorkies can't be the worst vocal monitor, since I bought one way before I knew what good monitors sounded like: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=nady+active+monitor&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4331563763844540699&sa=X&ei=jxOtTd2DBOnniAL6o7zZDA&ved=0CCoQ8gIwBA#

Mike McNany

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 08:28:26 AM »

I'm also not finding the phase charts on the spec page for the e210's. Where did you find them?

It's in the processor manual.

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?id=136&cat=2&type=29  Select the link to down load the processor manual and you can find the curves for the E10 and E210. This manual covers the bulk of the Yorkville Elite line although there is a seperate processor for each speaker.

Mike McNany

John Sabine

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »

I'm thinking that adding another inductor after the internal high pass crossover would actually just change the slope of the existing crossover and possibly even add another phase problem and it would definitely change low pass frequency on the other woofer and the existing crossover because it would change the impedence of the load at the crossover frequency. I'd really need a dedicated 3 way crossover to truly fix the problem.

Wouldn't it be much easier to put a large inductor on one woofer so it rolls off early? After that listen and see if the HF needs to be padded down any more. I'm guessing not. It might be a little hot on the top end, but with a little eq'ing should be livable.
"I think it needs more barn"

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »

I'm thinking that adding another inductor after the internal high pass crossover would actually just change the slope of the existing crossover and possibly even add another phase problem and it would definitely change low pass frequency on the other woofer and the existing crossover because it would change the impedence of the load at the crossover frequency. I'd really need a dedicated 3 way crossover to truly fix the problem.

I'm thinking that you tap the signal for that woofer pre factory crossover and then use a largish inductor to do a simple 1st order X-O on this woof somewhere in the 200-300 ish range. That way it'll be 10-12 db down by the crossover region which will prevent the phase errors from a second woofer in the vocal range.

You've already been using it with one woofer disconnected which leads me to believe that the HF section would be OK if done this way.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »

I'm thinking that you tap the signal for that woofer pre factory crossover and then use a largish inductor to do a simple 1st order X-O on this woof somewhere in the 200-300 ish range. That way it'll be 10-12 db down by the crossover region which will prevent the phase errors from a second woofer in the vocal range.

You've already been using it with one woofer disconnected which leads me to believe that the HF section would be OK if done this way.

And actually if you really wanted to be cool you could wire a switch in to go between factory (good for FOH) crossover and 2.5 way (good for monitors) crossover. That would be my choice I think.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

John Sabine

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »

Hmmmm... very interesting! :)

And actually if you really wanted to be cool you could wire a switch in to go between factory (good for FOH) crossover and 2.5 way (good for monitors) crossover. That would be my choice I think.
"I think it needs more barn"

Rob Gow

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »

On the subject of the YX 12's I agree completely. I actually took a pair of YX10's out this weekend to make up for the two missing E210s and they were amazing! If it weren't for the fact the I'm running 375w RMS per box I'd just commission a few of them and be done with it. lol

YX15's

I'm not even sure what all is available for monitors from Yorkville. They YX12's fit my budget at the time, and I've never had the need to replace them. I've only ever replaced a horn driver once, over countless numbers of gigs since 03. Did a bar gig last night for a full on metal band. They were really happy with the monitor sound. Plenty of volume, they liked the mix etc etc.

I would definitely buy them again.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.