ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville NX25P  (Read 3943 times)

Mike Galica

• http://www.maskilstudios.com
Yorkville NX25P
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:43:05 AM »

We're currently borrowing some older Mackie SRM450s as stage monitors since our current monitoring system bought the farm recently.  The praise teams absolutely love them, but buying the full set is out of our budget.  I've heard good things on this site about the Yorkville NX25P, and its more in our price range, but lacking a local Yorkie dealer (that I know of or could find online) I don't have a chance to hear one or check coverage, the two things I'm really worried about.

Has anyone had any problems with coverage when using the NX25P as stage monitors, how is their sound compared with the SRM450, and does anyone have any other cautions or praises of this unit?
Mike Galica

Aaron McQueen

Re: Yorkville NX25P
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »

Mike Galica wrote on Mon, 09 February 2009 10:43

Has anyone had any problems with coverage when using the NX25P as stage monitors, how is their sound compared with the SRM450, and does anyone have any other cautions or praises of this unit?

We have a pair that we use as monitors in our youth room.  We also use them as a utility speaker for anything we need to do portable.  In my opinion they sound better than the SRM450.  They don't get quite as loud, but the sound is better.

The only problem I have with them is that when in the monitor position the box puts pressure on the the XLR input connection.  We have not had any problems with it yet, but it puts stress on the cable that's not needed.  I've run them into limit for an hour or so and they have never had a problem.
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God - Romans 10:17 NKJV

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »

Mike - I operate a system with (Cool NX25P's and agree they do sound better than 450's, again not quite as loud - but certainly plently loud for most needs.  Indeed the XLR connector is within millimeters of the ground in mon. position - but nothing a right angle XLR connector can't solve.

Best,
ScottH

Mike Galica

• http://www.maskilstudios.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »

Appreciate the input.  I'll keep y'all posted to how it's going for us.
Mike Galica

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.