ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha M7/48  (Read 2431 times)

Ron Balsom

Yamaha M7/48
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:04:04 AM »

Been a while, but need help.  Just returned to find new M7/48 at 'FOH'.  Silly question.... understand how to select channels to 'slots' to feed the a-net 'Aviom' system. Presently, as some channels are assigned to various DCA's, as those DCA's are lowered, so also does the signal that feeds the Aviom Slot.  Ok, what page in the manual am I missing?  How about a simple walk through right here?  Thanks again, this forum has always been a "life saver".    Ron Balsom HPCC,  Casper, Wyo. 307 262 2138 cell.  
RonB.  /   Ron Balsom HPCC.

Dan Johnson

Re: Yamaha M7/48
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »

p. 102-103 of the manual

When you're in the insert/direct out pop-up screen, there should be tabs at the bottom to switch between 8-channel and single channel view.  Switch to single channel view and you should be able to select the point in the signal chain that the direct out comes from.  As long as you make it somewhere pre-fader it should fix your problem.

Jeff Ekstrand

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

Also, just for good measure, and to make sure you're understanding the operation of the console, and any other DCA/VCA console:

The DCAs don't have any actual outputs on this console. You'll notice you can't assign them to send to the stereo or mono mix busses, nor does their "level" have any ability to be routed to a matrix. That's because audio doesn't actually flow through a DCA/VCA like it does a sub-group on a "group" console.

You'll notice that you can assign any channel to any DCA, but in order for that sound to come out of a speaker, the channel must also be assigned to one of the 19 other busses (mix 1-16, stereo, or mono).

Likewise, you can assign a channel to multiple DCAs, and it will function differently than assigning a channel to multiple groups. When you asign to multiple groups, bringing up both group faders will essentially double the output of that channel. However, when assigning a channel to multiple DCAs/VCAs, you must now bring-up both of those DCA faders for any sound to be passed through the assigned busses. This can have some pretty cool and powerful uses, and I assign to multiple DCAs just about every time I'm on a console.

I know that, currently, my M7 still sends audio out to the a-net card even when the DCAs are down. It is possible, and I believe
Jeff Ekstrand

Technical Director, North Shore Campus
Willow Creek Community Church
Northfield, IL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.