ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Video Setup  (Read 2932 times)

Silas Ng

Question about Video Setup
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:39:44 AM »

Hi everyone,

Hopefully you guys might be able to help me or give me some ideas.

My church is renovating our basement pretty soon so we're also looking to do some permanent installs for our A/V setup. This area is mainly used for our youth/high school ministry so they have a band every week that plays.

Here is a link to a few pics.

After the renovations, our stage would only be between those two green pillars which is about 17ft. From the back of the room it's about 22ft to those green pillars in the front. The ceiling is about 8-9ft.

Right now we're using an LCD+screen that takes up a lot of space so we're thinking of going with Plasma's TVs instead. We would mount them right at the top of those two green pillars. I know it won't be as great, but at least we'll have more stage space.

Would getting the largest Plasma we can find be the best solution? Are there any other solutions that would be useful? I was thinking maybe something really wide, almost like 2 TV's put side by side if only there wasn't a bezel. Maybe there's a ultrawide screen/projector?

Thanks!
Silas

Gil Parente

Re: Question about Video Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:35:59 PM »

Hi Silas,

Just from a quick look on your pictures, I'd recommend putting some LCDs or Plasmas, around 50" on those pillars.  I'm not sure what those boxes are, at the top of the pillars, touching the ceiling.  Looks like old speakers.  I'd remove them and put the screens there.  

I don't know how deep your room is, but if it is too deep, just add two more screens further back into the room.  Either half way, or two thirds back.

Remember that going too big only helps you so much,  If everyone stands up, you would loose the bottom quarter or third of the screen.

Hope it helps a little.

take care
Gil

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Question about Video Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:35:59 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.