ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coachella questions  (Read 4946 times)

chris johnson

coachella questions
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »

ive heard rumors of some major hiccups for certain acts this year. anyone have any info about this years coachella?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: coachella questions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »

ive heard rumors of some major hiccups for certain acts this year. anyone have any info about this years coachella?

Rumour and innuendo are in the Basement....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

chris johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »

Rumour and innuendo are in the Basement....

gotcha. i havent been on here in a while. sorry.

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »

The hiccups I have heard about seemed to be due to some artists arriving late to perform.

I spoke with Live Sound Editor Keith Clark today and he just got back from hanging out with Dave Rat at Coachella. I'm thinking there will be a future article in Live Sound about the festival.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

chris johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 05:15:14 AM »

The hiccups I have heard about seemed to be due to some artists arriving late to perform.

I spoke with Live Sound Editor Keith Clark today and he just got back from hanging out with Dave Rat at Coachella. I'm thinking there will be a future article in Live Sound about the festival.

if mr rat was there, then i doubt that any hiccups had to do with production :)

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 11:07:54 PM »

if mr rat was there, then i doubt that any hiccups had to do with production :)

There was an article from day 1 about Cee Lo Green getting shut down early due a late arrival of his plane. He was upset about getting the plug pulled. It's not the first time acts at Coachella have been shut down. Really, they have to keep things on schedule as it's a massive festival with a lot of stages and timing is critical. So while it may suck, what else can be done?

Greg
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 03:36:50 AM »

There was an article from day 1 about Cee Lo Green getting shut down early due a late arrival of his plane. He was upset about getting the plug pulled. It's not the first time acts at Coachella have been shut down. Really, they have to keep things on schedule as it's a massive festival with a lot of stages and timing is critical. So while it may suck, what else can be done?

Greg

Agreed.

A festival stage manager I worked with some 20 years ago told me "I don't care when your act goes on stage, but they will leave the stage on schedule.  Burn an extra 10 minutes on set change?  I don't care, but they will leave the stage on schedule."

He enforced that pretty well, too.  I don't think anyone ended more than a minute or 2 over.  He would give the "1 more song" sign to the band and have the stage hands lined up behind him, ready for the set change.

Tim "Enabler of One-Hit Hair Bands of the 1980's" Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Greg Hershey

• York, PA
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »

Tim "Enabler of One-Hit Hair Bands of the 1980's" Mc

That's great!!

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »

I feel it is only fair to the following Acts to Preform on schedule.

Move the Self-Important Acts off the stage on time.

A Club I go to once in a while has an "Open Mic Night" allowing each performer 5 minutes Max, One Song.

It is not uncommon to have 40 or 50 people sign up (Long waits for the people Drawing the high numbers).

It never fails that a Performer will take the Stage, Only to start tuning his Guitar, Talking to the Crowd, Tuning the guitar. More tuning, More talking.

As He starts to play, the MC gives the cut sign to the Sound Guy, He Kills the Mics and starts the "Gong Show Music" as the MC informs the performer his "Time Has Expired"

Almost everyone Laughs  ;D

Regards,  John   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.