ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Speakers  (Read 14078 times)

Alex Yates

• http://www.proctorschapel.org
New Speakers
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:48 AM »

We are about to put in some new speakers in our church. We are looking at the JBL JRX115i speakers with a DBX Driverack PA for the new EQ going out the mid output powered by a crown XLS 202 power amp bridged. Do yall think this will be a good system? Looking opinions.

NEW Speakers.
index.php/fa/298/0/

Esteban Orozco

Re: New Speakers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:02:41 PM »

Well yes, maybe or no, depending on your building can you please put the room size and some specs? also include the type of set up, is this for P-W? for preaching only? kids church?

Alex Yates

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »

Yes. These speakes will be used in our main church building as FOH. We are planing to hang 2. It seats about 450 and we have about 250 to 300 every week. We have a prais team that sings by CD and worship DVDs, Kids prais team that sings by CD, and a large choir that sings by guitar and piano.

This is a photo of how the roof is. Also we will be hanging the speakers in the same spot that the old speakers are.  
index.php/fa/299/0/

Alex Yates

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »

This is how the seats are in the church.
index.php/fa/300/0/

Brad Weber

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:04 PM »

Alex Yates wrote on Tue, 09 September 2008 11:00

We are about to put in some new speakers in our church. We are looking at the JBL JRX115i speakers with a DBX Driverack PA for the new EQ going out the mid output powered by a crown XLS 202 power amp bridged. Do yall think this will be a good system?

It might be a good system for someone, but you have not provided enough information to know if it is a good system for you.  What do you do?  What is the room like?  How and where are the speakers going to be mounted?  Who is installing it?

I did note that you mentioned speakers, as in more than one, powered off a bridged XLS 202.  The XLS 202 in bridge mono mode is not rated to drive a load lower than 8 Ohms so driving two or more JRX115i speakers in parallel would not be a good idea.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »

It is very important that you have a speaker that has the proper pattern control for your room. And while I don't have the dimensions of your room. I can look at it and tell you that the cabinet you are proposing is probably NOT the right one. Also if it was you do not have the proper power for it. Without the proper power and pattern you will be very disappointed with the performance when you are trying to use it in a contemporary service. You will also encounter more problem by hanging 2 of those cabinets side by side than if you just had one. I don't think they array well together. There are many other speakers out there and in you get the right one for your room you will be happy. If not disappointment will likely ensue.
Do you have a professional to consult with? If not please post more details on here and we will try to help you. Room size. Dimensions.
Something to think about is that 2 speakers are not always better than 1. You might be petter off spending your money on 1 good cabinet than 2 mediocre.

Alex Yates

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 07:14:47 PM »

No pros. We are going to hang them ourselves.
The room is about 80 feet deep and about 50 feet wide. The roof is about 35 feet high. We seat up to 400 or 450 and every now and then we can max that but most the time its just 250 to 300 people. Most of our music is played on CD and DVD so most of it is not live however we do have a piano and a guitar that is both miced.
Here is the speakers that are in there now.
index.php/fa/301/0/

We went with these speakers because we only have $1500.50 to buy new speakers and a new EQ.

We have 2 Crown XLS 202 amps in our rack so thats what I have to work with.

Please help us if you can!!!
Under $1500.50

Anthony Lim

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:46:32 PM »

Are there any acoustic treatment on the wall or ceiling? just from the pics, it seems like a very live room to me.

Alex Yates

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »

No there is not. No Money to do that!

Brad Weber

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 09:44:50 PM »

I didn't see where it was noted, but what are you trying to achieve?  What problems are you trying to address?  What do you hope to gain beyond simply having new speakers?  Basically, why are you getting new speakers?  

If you are unhappy with the existing system, based on the pictures it at least appears that much of that may be due more to the implementation than to the products.  Simply installing different speakers in the same manner may not improve anything, in fact it could be worse.  And unless you have people with experience flying speakers and the know how to select and install the correct hardware, then do not do it yourself.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 09:44:50 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.