ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Generator  (Read 7032 times)

Tony Fortenberry

Character Generator
« on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:22 AM »

We provide a "over the cable" TV broadcast of our services.  Our existing video character generator went out & I was curious what everyone is using now for a character generator.  I'm just starting the process for looking for a replacement & am new to this part of our ministry.  I usually work on the sound side.

thanks,

Tony

Re: Character Generator
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:22:43 PM »

Some are using Video toaster. Allot of people I know use the chyron PC codi too. The advantage to the toaster is it is a all in one switcher player CG package.

Greg Hertfelder

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:12:34 AM »

A computer loaded with PowerPoint or other worship oriented display software (Mediashout, etc.) can be used for a character generator if you have the right RGBHV-to-SD-video scan converter, and opens the door for sophisticated effects.

For example, the Magni MCP-601 is a scan converter that features internal and external keying.

David Sumrall

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »

For Imag purposes, we are now using Pro Presenter to build the lower third type graphics, along with all the other cool things it can do. Much simpler to use then the standard older character generators.

David
David Sumrall
Audio Engineer
Gateway Church
Soutlake Texas
GatewayPeople.com

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:09:31 PM »

Greg Hertfelder wrote on Fri, 19 September 2008 06:12

A computer loaded with PowerPoint or other worship oriented display software (Mediashout, etc.) can be used for a character generator if you have the right RGBHV-to-SD-video scan converter, and opens the door for sophisticated effects.

That's pretty much what we do - generate the text on a computer and overlay real-time video with computer-generated text using the keying option of our analog video mixer.

Like you suggest, the worship-oriented display software would allow us to do this almost entirely in the computer if we had a video input on the computer.

ak909

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:09:31 AM »

Video Toaster is a great program but kinda pricey.
Try Analogway I have had good results with their products.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/adlen60062/givesig.png
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/3 28634-more-free-stuff-lets-do-again.html

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:09:31 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.