ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: yamaha s115v or community iBOX any real difference?  (Read 2127 times)

Wade Davis

yamaha s115v or community iBOX any real difference?
« on: August 17, 2008, 12:16:38 am »

Anyone have any info on the differences between the 3 way iBOX and the Yamaha S115V? Which would make a better flown main for about 600 folks?

Thanks

Brad Weber

Re: yamaha s115v or community iBOX any real difference?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:38:38 am »

Wade Davis wrote on Sun, 17 August 2008 00:16

Anyone have any info on the differences between the 3 way iBOX and the Yamaha S115V? Which would make a better flown main for about 600 folks?

Are you asking for differences beyond the information in the product data sheets, manuals, etc. that are readily available on Yamaha's and Community's sites?  What specifically do you want to know?

I would say the iHP35 simply because the S115V is not intended to be flown at all, I believe that would the C115VA would be the version for flying.  However, that does to mean the C115VA or the iHP35 would necessarily be a good choice either, it is impossible to tell without knowing a lot more about the application.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Gary Creely

• http://www.steeplesoundavl.com
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 12:54:29 pm »

The community I box was designed by the guy who worked on the design of the EAW MK series. We have installed iboxes and I would put them above the EAW MK series, and the yamahas below the EAWs in term of sound and quality (fit and finish). The ibox is a real stand out series in what I consider a generally very mediocre community line up.

I would strongly recommend the iboxs. They are also US made, I am not sure where the yamahas are made, but I would be surprised if it were the USA.
Gary Creely
STEEPLE SOUND
http://www.steeplesoundavl.com

Jeff Ekstrand

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:59:51 pm »

Quote:

the S115V is not intended to be flown at all

Yes, please note that flying speakers which are not meant to be flown is a dangerous and/or time-consuming venture. You either need to make some custom rigging frames, reinforce the boxes with good fly hardware, or you risk your rig falling, causing damage to at least the boxes, if not human life. Pay particular attention to Yamaha's specs, as some models from the same product lines are fly-worthy, while a different model in the same range will not be built to fly.

Is there a specific reason you're looking to go with a 3-way box? Is it truly beneficial to your space? Have you had anyone come and look at your space and recommend a solution?

The more you can give us as far as details, the better. If you have floor plans, drawings, dimensions, pictures, or all of the above, post as much as you can. There may be a reason to use either one of the boxes in your room... and there may be a reason to avoid both of these choices in your space if they will not work well in your room.
Jeff Ekstrand

Technical Director, North Shore Campus
Willow Creek Community Church
Northfield, IL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:59:51 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 24 queries.