ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: looking at replacing our 5 disk cd changer  (Read 5384 times)

Dennis Huff

Re: looking at replacing our 5 disk cd changer
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 01:56:17 PM »

I am going to talk to some folks tomorrow about replacing the disk changer.  Looking at the Numark FIT-FOR-SOUND and an iPod nano is the same as replacing the 5 disk changer.  We'd also need to replace the disk changer for if/when someone brings in a cd etc.  I will mention the dvd route but getting a good rack mount one is not cheap.

I stumbled across the VocoPro DVG777K and wondered what folks think of it.  Anyone have any experience with it?  I've also seen a some cd players buy Gemini and Numark for under 200 dollars.  Anyone have experience with those?

Thanks,

Dennis

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 07:03:18 AM »

Dennis Huff wrote on Mon, 23 June 2008 18:22

We currently have a Sony 5-disk carousel cd changer.  It has worked really well for us for 5+ years.

We have one of these old Sonys, and it continues to please us. I can only pray for a DVD player that is as easy to use. Actually, I gave up.

However, both our audio and video players have been collecting dust since we started playing prerecorded audio and video on our computer. This started a few months back. We get  much better cuing on video clips, and at least as good for audio clips on the computer.

We use both PPT and Presentation Manager to control A/V for the services. We rip CDs with EAC and DVDs with APE4, and play them as WAV and AVI files during the service.

A common situation finds us running a 35-60 slide PPT presentation as something like a report on a mission trip, or to try to give a thumbnail of someone's life at a funeral. Usually, there is music that is played along with the slide show.

Our next step has been to convert the PPT to video with APE4, and add the CD track to it, providing a single package to cue and run as that worship element. An extra benefit is that we are able to cue the slide changes to coincide with the points of emphasis in the music.

Finally, we have been experimenting with having a video presentation that has at least one slide for every worship element in a service, to provide that service with additional continuity. We are trying to come up with a logo or an icon that matches the theme of the sermon (and therefore the service), that we will use as part of the still for that part of the service, if there is nothing else.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 07:03:18 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.