ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nursery Monitor  (Read 6014 times)

Josh Edwards

Re: Nursery Monitor
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »

It is more of a nursing mother's nursery. The workers do enjoy hearing the service "live".

What kind of cabling would be recommended if this wire was to be replaced?

Thanks for all the help so far.. It is greatly appreciated!

Tom Young

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 06:42:05 AM »

If you intend to use powered loudspeakers, which accept line-level audio, then you need 2-conductor shielded cable. The source device should have a balanced output and the powered loudspeakers should have balanced inputs.

West Penn 292 is one good brand/model

If the cable is run in plenum space(s), use West Penn 25292B

I strongly suggest you read up on sound system design and installation. You can google (but be aware that there is a good amount of misinformation out there), you can search here on PSW and you can read the Study Hall (now called LSI University) articles here as a start.
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Jerrybosun

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »

I say have someone donate an older but high quality stereo system (amp and speakers)  run a line from your mixer or buy a short range transmitter. This should be more than enough for spoken word. I just picked up a stereo system for similar use at the church for the enclosed video booth...  CragisList $20, works like a champ!

Kent Thompson

• http://www.kentssongs.com
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 05:57:13 PM »

I realize I am not the one making this purchase but the 70v system sounds like a good idea to me. I have never priced these out so I would have no idea if they fit in your budget or not. What I like about it? The speakers are built into the ceiling or wall. There are no cords hanging out to pull out, trip over or that little kids could grab and be electrocuted with if they put it in their mouth. No speaker cones showing that kids will stick their fingers, toys or other items in and ruin. You could put in a wall plate with a volume control that the workers could adjust that the kids could not reach.

Jesse Prater

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 07:19:06 PM »

What about using the existing coax to send modulated video from a camera/soundboard to the nursery?  As long as the run isn't too long, a $30 Wal-mart modulator will do the job, and you can hit Craigslist for cheap/free cameras and TV's if no one has one to donate.  Just a thought . . .

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 07:19:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.