ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVOne Video Switchers  (Read 4136 times)

Brian Higgins

TVOne Video Switchers
« on: May 15, 2008, 08:18:48 AM »

Does anyone use a TVOne video switcher? Do they seem to be a pretty solid product? We are looking at the C2-2250 for 2 computers, an HD video input and a few S-video/comp inputs. Has anyone used this one specifically?

Thanks,
Brian

Brad Weber

Re: TVOne Video Switchers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »

I have had good luck with TVOne products and for many dedicated use applications they offer some very cost effective solutions.

However, I would double check your sources and the inputs on that particular model.  I'm not sure what you mean by a "few" composite and S-Video inputs, the CC-2250 has two of each.  And what format are your HD source and the computers?  To switch two computers and an HD source with the CC-2250 you'd apparently have to have one computer as analog RGBHV (VGA), the other computer as DVI-D and the HD source as component video, does that work with your sources?

Front panel control may also be a little awkward with that unit as it has seven inputs and only four input selection buttons, apparently three of the buttons toggle between two inputs.  So push "RGB/YUV" once to get the HD15 RGB input and then push it again to get the component video input.  The same with the two sets of S-Video and composite video inputs, push "YC/CV1" once to get S-Video 1 and again to get composite video 1.  If you are using a control system or computer to control the unit this may not be a problem as I believe those allow for direct input selection of all seven inputs, but if you plan to use front panel control then switching could be a bit confusing.

The device itself probably works well but you might want to verify that it works well for your application.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Tim Gibson

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 04:25:43 PM »

We have had a C2-7260 for almost a year and love it. We also purchased the CC-300 control panel to switch. That makes it a lot easier.

E-mail me if you have more questions.

Tim Gibson
Director of Technical Ministries
Evangelical Free Church of Crystal Lake
575 E. Crystal Lake Ave.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
815-459-1095 x26 Office
tgibson@efccl.org
www.linkedin.com/in/timdgibson
www.twitter.com/timdgibson

Tim S Kemp

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »

We're using a pair of C2-1350s for switching and edge blending - been a few updates which have improved the blending but generally very reliable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.