ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon HV20 and premiere pro 2  (Read 3101 times)

Nelu ALBU

Canon HV20 and premiere pro 2
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »

We have a Canon hv20 camera (HD) and  the program which we use to edit on video is Adobe Premiere pro2. The problem is that when we record on HD format the capture in premiere is very bad (there is some secvents and there is no continuity).
Do you know a solution for this?
Thanks a lor for your help!

Greg Hertfelder

Re: Canon HV20 and premiere pro 2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »

That is a pretty product-intensive issue, and the weakness is probably in the software, not the camcorder. I recommend spending time on the Adobe Premiere Pro Knowledge Base.

If you ever get tired of Adobe Premiere, the Sony Vegas family of products have been headache-free for me.

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »

[quote title=Nelu ALBU wrote on Tue, 25 March 2008 22:47]We have a Canon hv20 camera (HD) and  the program which we use to edit on video is Adobe Premiere pro2. The problem is that when we record on HD format the capture in premiere is very bad (there is some secvents and there is no continuity).
Do you know a solution for this?
/quote]

I know that the Canon HV20 takes special treatment if you want to edit its HD files in Premiere Elements, so I'm not surprised that it also takes special handing in PE's big brother program.

Have you investigated the Premeire user forums that Adobe runs?

The forum for PE is very active, and the HV20 issue has been dealt with pretty definatively there.

The big change is that a lot of the new HD cameras use MPEG as their native format, and most video editing programs including PE and Premiere are based on DV-AVI format files. HIgh quality transcoding is possible, but it takes time and you need to know the software and parameters to use.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.