ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microset Omidirectional Condenser headworn Mic  (Read 1245 times)

Michele Hicks

Microset Omidirectional Condenser headworn Mic
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »

My church has recently got a Microset Omidirectional Condenser headworn Mic
Our sound set-up is not ideal to me(or not what Im used to may be a better pharse) but it is a post Katerina Church just a few miles from the coast and had nine ft of water in it at that time with that, its amazing that its still functional. After Katerina many different groups helped put the church back in running order. This included the sound system. I did not live in the area till a year later so I was not able to be there when it was set-up. With the different groups(although we were blessed beyound measure with their help) the system consists of equipment that was purchased or donated on the basis of what the different groups thought were needed when they were there...
There is not the funds available for a consultant (which would be the best option) I am not a professional by any means and dont claim to know everything - so any advice would really be of help.
The most pressing issue at the monent is a Microset Omidirectional Condenser headworn Mic that our P&W leader uses.
he also plays the keyboards. the mic when turned up (to a hearable level) causes major problems. the sound you would get when you point a mic at a speaker. The gain on the mic is bearly on. Im just wondering if there is something I need to be doing or something I might of overlooked. Im not familar with this type of micophone or issues it may present but have been trying to read up on it.. like I said any help would really be considered...
Also if there is someone who would mind exchanging emails with other issues with the sound,,I could really use the help and could go into more deatil with taking up all the space here writing books....
My email is Warriorsheart@GMAIL.COM
Msn messenger : same
Aol messenger: Michelelwfh

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
Re: Microset Omidirectional Condenser headworn Mic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »

Michele Hicks wrote on Wed, 20 February 2008 01:23

My church has recently got a Microset Omidirectional Condenser headworn Mic

If I understand this right, what you have is an Audio-Technica AT892 Miniature Omni-directional Condenser Headworn Microphone.

Quote:

The most pressing issue at the monent is a Microset Omidirectional Condenser headworn Mic that our P&W leader uses.
he also plays the keyboards. the mic when turned up (to a hearable level) causes major problems. the sound you would get when you point a mic at a speaker.

IOW, you think you are getting feedback through this microphone

Quote:

The gain on the mic is bearly on. I'm just wondering if there is something I need to be doing or something I might of overlooked.

The first question would relate to the identity of the speaker that is causing the feedback. Does this musician have a stage monitor, or do you only have main sepakers?

One possible means of correction would be to put the musician out of the direct sound field of the speaker causing the feedback.

Quote:

Im not familar with this type of micophone or issues it may present but have been trying to read up on it.

This is a fairly popular newer kind of microphone that IME is among the most resistant to feedback because it is always so close to its sound source.

Jonathan Heimberg

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:28:57 PM »

The omni headworn mics are great for speaking and preaching. I personally use a Countryman when I'm preaching.

The problem arises when trying to use them for a singing musician. Even though the mic is very close to the sound source, it's still an omni, so that'll likely cause you some problems. Not insurmountable, but problems all the same.

A better option would be a cardioid headworn mic. You'll have much better chances of eliminating your feedback from the mic.

Hope this helps!
Jonathan Heimberg
http://www.soundadvicetraining.com
Church Sound Training DVD's
http://www.happythoughtsnews.com
All of the Good News!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:28:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.