ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProPresenter vs Media Shout  (Read 14825 times)

Tim Urner

• http://www.steeplesoundavl.com
ProPresenter vs Media Shout
« on: February 15, 2008, 09:06:25 am »

We have been Media Shout users-supporters for a very long time, I have been recently introduced to ProPresenter. I am wondering if there is anyone "in the know" who has used both and can give an opinion on... for the advanced user-abuser

User friendliness
Flexibility
feature comparison

Please dont make this a Mac-PC debate (there is really no comparison)...and I know ProPresenter costs much more

Thanks

David Sumrall

Re: ProPresenter vs Media Shout
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 03:22:04 pm »

Hey Tim,

We have gone through them all for the most part.

We still have power point around and Sunday Plus but we have begun the shift over to Pro Presenter.

We started with Pro Presenter in our Student Center years ago.

Then last year we added  and shifted to Pro Presenter in our Faith Hall room.

The Chris Tomlin tour came through last year and they have it with PVP and the things they could do with it was amazing and so fast easy and flexible.

I got our video guys to look at it and now we are on our way to go completely that route.

It is so easy to change words or songs or backgrounds on the fly.
Loading videos into it also makes playback and switching so much easier for transitions since everything is in one place and easy to grab.

This year we just switched to Pro Presenter for our main Worship Center and will be adding it to our Henry Chapel and our new satellite campus in March.

As far as cost it really not that bad, especially if you get the campus license. It's one cost to put it on all your church use presentation macs.

You can also download the software as a free demo that is fully functional so you can play with and learn it before you buy. The catch is that the video output has a watermark on it, so you don't want to use it in a real service.

Media shout can do some similar things but the interface seems much slower and not as intuitive at least in my opinion.

As far as computers go you also don't have to have a new expensive tower to run it either. The new Imacs or MacBooks are plenty for it.

I hope that helps a bit.

Written from home on my mac mini:O)

David Sumrall
Technical Director/A1
First Baptist Orlando

David Sumrall
Audio Engineer
Gateway Church
Soutlake Texas
GatewayPeople.com

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 10:43:51 pm »

We use Pro presenter now. For years we used media shout in or childrens church and have now switched them to Pro Presenter as well. In our main Worship center we still used Powerpoint for Mac up until last year because we were never happy with the quality of the transitions or the shadow features in Media Shout. The new version of media shout is available now and will allow you to have multiple videos for verses and chorus. However, it cannot compare to the ease of changing backgrounds that can be done inside Pro Presenter. Also the quality of the transitions and shadows with the overlay are amazing. I have spoke with renewed vision quite a bit over the last year and some of the other things they have on the horizon are truly amazing and in my opinion will further distance them from Media Shout as the premier provider for quality worship presentation software in the future.

Tim Urner

• http://www.steeplesoundavl.com
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:57:24 am »

I downloaded it and am playing with it...

any one else?

Jordan Fowler

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 12:51:44 pm »

At NorthWood, our student ministry guys are quite tech savvy and used mediashout. In our new 2,000 seat worship center (pics at http://www.worshiptrench.com/?p=284), we moved to Pro-Presenter and PVP. In my opinion, PVP and Presenter combo kills mshout in screen clarity, flexibility and is very user friendly even for newbie techs. There is a great post as to the merits of it here ( http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8 63).

Our youth guys have seen what it does and are all bailing out on mediashout as soon as they get the funding for the Pro-presenter/PVP combo we use.

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 07:37:33 pm »

We came from mediashout and are now running some rooms with ProPresenter and some with a ProPresenter/PVP combo using our scalars for the overlay

It is probably the best product out there for what it is.

We are in contact with many of large progressive churches in the country and, at least with those we talk with, the majority of them are now on, or are close to moving to, ProPresenter and ProVideoPlayer for some aspect of their weekly services.

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

karl maciag

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 12:34:38 am »

We made the transistion to Pro Presenter about 6 months ago.  There's no comparison to how easy it is.  Our volunteers confidence has gone way up running that program, and they feel much more in control, and more creative with what they can do.  We run the software on G5 towers, imacs, a macbook, and macbook pro. One of the towers was a little sketchy on the video at first,  but after a RAM upgrade, it's a breeze, with no trouble at all.  We do actually use keynote though for our sermon notes.  Pro Presenter doesn't have the ability yet to put text wherever we like on the screen, you have to have a set designated area. As soon as we can place text anywhere in the space,  we won't need keynote anymore.

Jeff Ekstrand

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 09:21:44 am »

I am currently immersing myself in the ProPresenter world as well. We're on the ProPresenter/PVP system in our auditorium, and student ministries is running ProPrsenter fairly exclusively.

It's been around WCNS for a little over a year from what I hear, and everyone is still raving about it.

So far, I have to give my vote of support to the PVP/ProPresenter products.
Jeff Ekstrand

Technical Director, North Shore Campus
Willow Creek Community Church
Northfield, IL

ak909

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 04:25:36 pm »

My church is now a "Mac church"... We used ProPresenter for the first time last Sunday. Everybody is impressed. My vote aswell.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/adlen60062/givesig.png
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/3 28634-more-free-stuff-lets-do-again.html

Allen Farr

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 11:01:42 pm »

I have to give my vote for ProPresenter also. It is a very intuitive program with a lot of cool features.

The first time I used ProPresenter the thing I noticed that most is how professional it looks. Not that you can't make powerpoint or other programs look professional. (on the computer screen and on the projection screen) Integrating video was also very simple.

Allen Farr
Allen Farr

First Redeemer Church
Director of Audio

www.twitter.com/allenwfarr

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 11:01:42 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 22 queries.