ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha mixer software upgrades  (Read 3478 times)

Paul Ochsner

Yamaha mixer software upgrades
« on: December 16, 2007, 05:59:12 AM »

Hello,
This is my first post here, and firstly I would like to say that I am happy to be here. I can see there is a wealth of knowledge here from the posts I have read so far!.
I hope to help with some answers too but would like to ask a question of my own to kick things off...

Our church has  Yamaha DM1000 mixer running the original software/firmware (Vers 1.01 I think). Version 2 has a few useful additions, so I downloaded what I thought was the upgrades from their site. This would not install however, so I am left wondering if infact this is a free upgrade or not.
...Yes I could email Yamaha about his, but would like to get some discussion on this board and others from their range  happening here if I can, just because you seem like a friendly bunch who don't mind passing on what you know!
Thanks.  
Razz  

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
Re: Yamaha mixer software upgrades
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »

Paul Ochsner wrote on Sun, 16 December 2007 10:59

Hello,
This is my first post here, and firstly I would like to say that I am happy to be here. I can see there is a wealth of knowledge here from the posts I have read so far!.
I hope to help with some answers too but would like to ask a question of my own to kick things off...

Our church has  Yamaha DM1000 mixer running the original software/firmware (Vers 1.01 I think). Version 2 has a few useful additions, so I downloaded what I thought was the upgrades from their site. This would not install however, so I am left wondering if infact this is a free upgrade or not.
...Yes I could email Yamaha about his, but would like to get some discussion on this board and others from their range  happening here if I can, just because you seem like a friendly bunch who don't mind passing on what you know!

IME the Yamaha digital console firmware upgrades load and work in accordance with the supplied instructions.

What specific problems did you have loading the one you downloaded?

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:37:57 AM »

The upgrade to version 2 firmware for the DM2000, DM1000, and 02r96 is not free. You must purchase the upgrade from Yamaha, and you will need to authorize the installation with Yamaha once you have done it. The authorization can be at the same time as the upgrade if the computer you are using to do the upgrade is online. I upgraded a DM2000 yesterday. It is done from files that are sent to you on a CD-ROM, although they should be run from your hard drive, not the CD drive. It takes about 10 minutes and is fairly straight forward, although there are points where you have to enter product codes from the package to continue. I do not know what the cost of the upgrade is, but you need to buy an upgrade for each console, you cannot install the same upgrade on multiple consoles.

The upgrade to version 2 firmware for a PM5D is free, downloadable, and easier.

Mac

Paul Ochsner

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:19:05 PM »

Thanks for the information.
Following the procedure to update the version with the file from the site, with my laptop synchronised with the mixer, it would just stop at the same point, which is why I suspected that some sort of authorisation must be required, (which is what you have since stated, thanks). It seems strange that this was not clear on the site, and that it is free for some models and not others but anyway.
The upgrade allows a group fader master to act as a VCA (or is that DCA?) while allowing the other input faders to that group to be adjustable, while vers.1 does not allow you to vary the relationship when the initial levels are set and the fader group is initiated.
I am discovering that the use of group fader masters on the top layer of a desk with just 16 physical faders  is pretty important, and am presently using three such fader masters for  control of drums, effects return and "High-Level sources" (CD,DVD,PC).
I'll enquire into the price of the upgrade, Thanks again.  

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:33 PM »

The version 2 firmware upgrade that you can download is an incremental version upgrade for consoles that have already been upgraded from version 1. It is not the v1 to v2 upgrade.

Mac

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Sun, 16 December 2007 15:37

The upgrade to version 2 firmware for the DM2000, DM1000, and 02r96 is not free. You must purchase the upgrade from Yamaha, and you will need to authorize the installation with Yamaha once you have done it. The authorization can be at the same time as the upgrade if the computer you are using to do the upgrade is online. Mac

This is really helpful Mac. I didn't realize the additional complexity with a version upgrade, which I've been considering.

I did a little searching around and found that the 1=>2 upgrade for the 02R96 and DM2000 were in the mid-$300 range list price.

Paul Ochsner

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:10:48 AM »

Yes great information, thankyou.
I can see already that I will enjoy being a part of this forum!.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:10:48 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.