ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: worship software  (Read 4146 times)

Wade Davis

worship software
« on: November 25, 2007, 06:03:18 PM »

We have used SONG SHOW PLUS for three years but now after seeing MEDIA SHOUT used at a conference my pastor has purchased it and wants to switch. Does this make sense? Is this a better program?

John North

Re: worship software
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 07:12:22 PM »

Sense? - No not really. I mean the sense part would make more sense if the users were the ones making the decision, based on pastoral leading and where the church as a whole is going. It's like a passenger on a plane going out and buying brand X tires to replace the planes brand Y tires that still work. That is assuming the pastor is not the one preparing the SSP, or now, MS for use each week, or is the one to actually use it. Perhaps a meeting with the pastor about what you already had, what upgrades could be made to existing system, and then discussing where he was hoping to go with the media presentations. Perhaps he was impressed with the content, not realizing that the presentation software part of the equation really to the end viewer was no different than what you had. I have seen a couple people's PowerPoint presentations that stood head and shoulders over another guy's Media Shout presentation. The big names in presentation software are all very capable, and, to the end viewer, do a very comparable job in a lot of aspects, so what is it that the pastor wants that MS can do that SSP can't?

Maybe you want to send him to a conference to check out an Edirol video presentation/editing package?

Jonathan Heimberg

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:24:58 AM »

Wade, I agree wholeheartedly with John's assessment, although you may not want to convey the analogy to your pastor!

Often, pastors make decisions like that because they're either frustrated with the current state of things. Now that the software is bought, it's not time to argue about switching, but (either you or whoever is running the worship software) needs to get busy learning!

It's easier (and better for the church service) to learn the software and make it work good than to fight the ministry team about it. Smile

Jonathan Heimberg
http://www.soundadvicetraining.com
Church Sound Training DVD's
http://www.happythoughtsnews.com
All of the Good News!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:24:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.