ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having fun with M7CL  (Read 1220 times)

Jeff Rufo

Having fun with M7CL
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:02:25 pm »

We just received are new M7CL mixer on Friday. I am having alot of fun with it,but I have a question about connecting our CD recorder to the 2TR digital out. What type of cable should I use? The CD recorder is a Marantz CDR510 and it has both RCA and XLR inputs for analog and RCA for digital.

jeff

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Having fun with M7CL
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:13:43 pm »

You should use 75ohm coax with RCA connectors. For short runs, to get started, you can probably get away with standard RCA cables, but you should get a cable made with 75ohm coax (RG59) as soon as you can.

Mac

Jeff Rufo

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 10:16:29 pm »

I am having trouble finding a cable. The digital out on the mixer is a single XLR male, the recorder is dual RCA, is this something I am going to need to make myself, if so how do I terminate the ends.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Oops
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 11:07:02 pm »

Sorry, i forgot that the M7 doesn't have a SPDIF output. You need to adapt the XLR AES3 output of the M7 to an RCA input for your recorder. The 2 data formats are not exactly the same, but using a 110ohm balanced to 75ohm unbalanced transformer usually works fine. You will need a 75ohm cable with a BNC on one end, and an RCA on the other.

The other option is to use analog audio.

Mac

Kent Thompson

• http://www.kentssongs.com
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 03:16:01 pm »

Or you could buy one of these. If you look deep enough into the product they have an adapter that adapts aes/ebu to spdif.

http://www.neutrik.com/content/products/detail.aspx?id=210_2 044239418&catId=CatMSDE_audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 03:16:01 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.