ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipad with DSP/Zone Mixer  (Read 7896 times)

Jay Reynolds

ipad with DSP/Zone Mixer
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »

I've got a referral partner who does home automation who has recently hooked up with a contractor that does restaurants. He's in love with the ipad and would like to make that the interface for everything. Is there a dsp/zone mixer on the market that one can manage via wifi or bluetooth using an ipad?

I just spoke to a tech at Bi-Amp who said he had "heard of" someone using an ipad to control their davinci software via wifi. So I guess I could stash a netbook somewhere and get the same result. But having the tablet talk directly to the dsp box would be a more elegant solution, IMHO.

Thanks.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
Re: ipad with DSP/Zone Mixer
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:46:15 PM »

Never mind. I misread the question.

-Hal
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:49:33 PM by Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC »

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »

I've got a referral partner who does home automation who has recently hooked up with a contractor that does restaurants. He's in love with the ipad and would like to make that the interface for everything. Is there a dsp/zone mixer on the market that one can manage via wifi or bluetooth using an ipad?

The Aspen series from Lectrosonics will do this.
http://www.lectrosonics.com/ASPEN-Series/aspen-digital-audio-processors.html

Philip

Jay Reynolds

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 01:50:57 PM »

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »

Please go to Profile, then Modify Profile/Account Settings and change your Displayed Name to be your real name.  If you don't, the threads may get locked.

Dave Barker

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »

I don't know of any DSP that interface directly but you could certainly use a Crestron interface between the IPad and the DSP for control.

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:40:14 AM »

I just spoke to a tech at Bi-Amp who said he had "heard of" someone using an ipad to control their davinci software via wifi. So I guess I could stash a netbook somewhere and get the same result. But having the tablet talk directly to the dsp box would be a more elegant solution, IMHO.

Thanks.

my answer thus far with clients has been a PC in the rack running VNC client, Install VNC client onto iPad and you can control whatever device you need. Seems to be the most reliable thing I have found.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »

Thanks.

Symetrix just released ARC-WEB for the Jupiter system (typical Restaurant processor).  Type in the IP address in the browser on you i-whatever, and away you go. 
Not a direct app, no, but designed to work with the portable device resolution.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.