ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wired Group and Wireless Speaking Mic suggestions  (Read 1030 times)

gregfreeland

Wired Group and Wireless Speaking Mic suggestions
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:49:02 PM »

We need to purchase two wired condenser microphones for our church’s 8 man vocal group.  They prefer the nostalgic look of men singing around a microphone vice using 8 individual mics.  I was looking at the Shure KSM27 or KSM32.  Any thoughts on either or a better choice under $500 each?
We also need to purchase a wireless “condenser style” speaking microphone.  This mic will be used by various individuals not accustom to using a microphone.  We’ve had problems in the past using our Praise Band mics (Shure PGX4/SM58) since you really need to get into these mic for adequate volume and clarity.  Any suggestions in the under $900 range?  

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
Re: Wired Group and Wireless Speaking Mic suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:42:24 PM »

gregfreeland wrote on Mon, 03 December 2007 19:49

We need to purchase two wired condenser microphones for our church’s 8 man vocal group.  They prefer the nostalgic look of men singing around a microphone vice using 8 individual mics.  I was looking at the Shure KSM27 or KSM32.  Any thoughts on either or a better choice under $500 each?

I recently had a male quartet to mic and we went with a single mic to emphasize the close harmony and get a bit of a retro look. I used one of our Rode NT1As. Worked great.

Quote:

We also need to purchase a wireless “condenser style” speaking microphone.  This mic will be used by various individuals not accustom to using a microphone.  We’ve had problems in the past using our Praise Band mics (Shure PGX4/SM58) since you really need to get into these mic for adequate volume and clarity.  Any suggestions in the under $900 range?  

I'm gonna get crucified for this, but we have a Samson Series One handheld that we use for this application, and it takes a licking and keeps ticking.

OTOH, I don't see a SM58 as being a particularly directional or necessarily a close-working mic. For example, we use Audix OM5 and OM6 hypercardiods for our lectern mics. IME its a matter of staying on top of the fader when different speakers work at different distances and angles.

Gary Creely

• http://www.steeplesoundavl.com
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:34:46 PM »

gregfreeland wrote on Mon, 03 December 2007 14:49

We also need to purchase a wireless “condenser style” speaking microphone.  This mic will be used by various individuals not accustom to using a microphone.  We’ve had problems in the past using our Praise Band mics (Shure PGX4/SM58)

Honestly a condenser will not perform much better than the 58 if it is not used properly.
Gary Creely
STEEPLE SOUND
http://www.steeplesoundavl.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:34:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.