ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rolls Headphone distribution amp experience?  (Read 4456 times)

mark ahlenius

Rolls Headphone distribution amp experience?
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »

Hi,

I need to pick up a headphone distribution amp for Easter sunday so we can do a 3-way share on an Aviom A16ii.  Would rather not go rack mount, but something small for up on stage.

I have in the past gone through 2 PreSonus 4-channel units and both have flaked out over time.   Was looking at RDL's I have experience with RDL gear in the past and have been happy, but  I don't think the 65 mW/channel outputs are enough.

Anyone have experience with the Rolls brand of gear?  Would like to keep it under $150.

thanks

'mark

Mike Spitzer

Re: Rolls Headphone distribution amp experience?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:40:22 PM »

We use a Rolls PM50S for our drummer. Instead of running through a floor wedge, we use that to send to his headphones. It's solidly built, a good price, and it stands up to porta-church use where it's in and out of a trailer at least once a week. No complaints.

We've also used the Samson S-Monitor for the same thing with no problems. They make a 4-way distributer, as well, and I would assume it would hold up, too.

-mS

chris harwood

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:28:22 AM »

I use an older Rolls piece...the "more me" kinda thingie that allows my stereo input and a mic input and another line in...and seems OK.  The mic input was waaaay too noisy to even consider and I bought it wanting all three inputs, but I've used this about 300+ times now and works for my needs at this point.  Can't get too much more of a bottom feeder company on quality, but at this price level, works fine.  I had hoped the mic in was OK, but just didn't cut it.  the line ins are fine. 

Joseph White, CTS

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »

The PM50s (or the PM55 if you want to use a 9V instead of a wall wart) makes a great little headphone amp. It passes a mic signal through it untouched and the quality is decent. Hard to beat for the price. I always keep a couple on hand.
Joseph White, CTS
Design Engineer

mark ahlenius

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »

Thanks everyone.

Appreciate the feedback (pun intended).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.