ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yes...a temporary test  (Read 35717 times)

Colyn Luchterhand

Yes...a temporary test
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:05:23 am »

Sorry about not posting my full name before...

But to reply, yes, it was a temporary test with the adapter to see if the hum would go away.  I used the Hum X unit to fix my problem without a contractor having to come in to rewire the electrical system.  The Hum X unit IS a 3 prong grounded unit that defeats the 60 cycle hum I was getting through the sub and the floor monitors.  It's fully legal, and all the wiring is up to code...just different ground potential between the two outlets (they are over 100 feet away from each other).

I was at the church this morning doing a recording...and a hum we had in recordings is also gone.  Proper electrical wiring and grounding is essential in your building for sound systems.  ALWAYS make room in the budget for audio consultants for this reason.  Even though it was a quick, and relatively inexpensive fix...I really shouldn't have had to deal with 60 cycle hum in a brand new building...they just didn't consider the audio system when they built the building and wired it--or they may have been careless.  Either way, it's fixed now.  No hum can be heard live or on the recordings, and we can make use of the entire system, finally, after weeks of chasing a ghost.

Colyn Luchterhand

ProSoundWeb Community

Yes...a temporary test
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:05:23 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 23 queries.