ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL PRX612M vs RCF NX12-SMA  (Read 21886 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: JBL PRX612M vs RCF NX12-SMA
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »

Im not sure where you are located but around here the NX12 is around $1900.00 and I can pick up a PRX for under $600.

The NX12-SMA can be had for much less than $1900, but it is primarily a floor wedge. Yes it has a pole cup, and if the pattern suits your purpose it can be used on a stand, but as a wedge it is superb. I've demo'ed them and I'm certain they will be a very popular choice once they become readily available. I sold six of them based on that demo, plus 4 of the NX10-SMA on the assumption (since confirmed by the buyer) that they would also sound great.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Scott Bolt

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 10:18:42 PM »

Im not sure where you are located but around here the NX12 is around $1900.00 and I can pick up a PRX for under $600.

The NX12-SMA can be had for much less than $1900, but it is primarily a floor wedge. Yes it has a pole cup, and if the pattern suits your purpose it can be used on a stand, but as a wedge it is superb. I've demo'ed them and I'm certain they will be a very popular choice once they become readily available. I sold six of them based on that demo, plus 4 of the NX10-SMA on the assumption (since confirmed by the buyer) that they would also sound great.
Hi Mike,

How new are they?  I haven't heard anything about them around the web and a search for them doesn't really turn up much either.  If they are indeed a step up from the Art series as suggested, then they would be impressive speakers.

I would like to re-iterate my statement to the OP..... it is best to hear the speaker yourself.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to find a place to hear the RCF's.  They should really work on that.  I know that I didn't consider them simply because I wanted to hear the speaker I was going to buy.  I have heard many others voice the same concern.  Of those that own them, I hear nothing but great reviews (especially the 522/722).

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »

How new are they?  I haven't heard anything about them around the web and a search for them doesn't really turn up much either.  If they are indeed a step up from the Art series as suggested, then they would be impressive speakers.

The NX wedges are brand new. The sample that I demo'ed was from the first shipment, and I had to wait a few weeks to get the 6 that were sold. The NX10-SMAs that I ordered may be the only ones in the country so far. The NXM10A, NXM12A and subs have been here for a while. They also have 15" models coming.

I would say the components are on par with the ART7 series speakers, but installed in pretty well made plywood cabinets. They aren't as finely finished as the TT series, but seem solidy built. At this time they only offer 1" exit horn drivers in the NX tops & wedges. I'm hopeful that eventually RCF will expand the series to include the bigger HF drivers they offer in the ART cabinets.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.