ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Booth Pictures  (Read 95890 times)

Jeff Foster

Re: Sound Booth Pictures
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

Daniel Cash wrote on Wed, 05 September 2007 18:12

Jeff,  

Your sound booth is impressively organized and clean.

Thank you very much.  Many of us have worked very hard on it and I'm sure the other techs will be as glad as I am to hear that you said that.

Daniel Cash wrote on Wed, 05 September 2007 18:12

How do you interface all those media players (CD, DVD, PC, VCR, Tape) to your sound board? Do most of your devices have XLR out? My church uses a TT24 and the current method of connecting things (PC, CD, DVD) from their RCA out through direct boxes feels incorrect/inefficient to me.

Thanks
-Daniel

Here are the connections:
CD1 and Tape are both XLR out on each unit to XLR in on the TT24 using regular XLRf to XLRm cables.
CD2, DVD, and VCR are all RCA out on each unit to 1/4" Line in on the TT24 using cables with RCAm pugs on one end and 1/4" TS phone plugs on the other
The PC is 1/8" to RCA then RCA to 1/4" connected to Line in on the TT24.  This uses a cable with a 1/8" stereo phone jack to dual RCAm plugs.  Those plugs connect to those cheap little Radio Shack RCAf to 1/4" TS adapters.
Jeff Foster
Technical Director
Northside Baptist Church
Carrollton Texas
www.nsbcc.org

Jeff Foster

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 07:44:05 PM »

James Westra wrote on Thu, 06 September 2007 10:23

I am very new and ignorant but I have a question about the sound booth walls.
Won't the walls inhibit the low end freq. from getting to the sound guy?  Would a railing or fence be more practical?

James,

I'm not sure who your question was directed towards, but I'll take a stab at helping answer it.

Typically, you do want the "sound guy" to be in as open an area as possible so that nearby walls don't alter the sound that he/she is hearing and mixing.  Just becuase there may be nearby walls, doesn't necessarily mean that they will inhibit low frequency energy.  In fact, in most cases it is the opposite.  The closer you are to a wall, the louder the bass energy will be.  What you don't want is to have a full wall between the sound operator and the auditorium/speakers/congregation.  Again, depending on the design, it will alter the sound in different ways - all of them unwanted since it will not be the same sound that the congregation hears.

The ideal setup would be to have the sound control out in the open, right in the middle of the congregation.  However, this is usually impractical for sight lines, seating capacity, etc.

The best thing to do as an operator, no matter where you mix from, is to walk the room regularly (not during a service) to better understand the differences in sound between what the congregation hears and what you hear at FOH.
Jeff Foster
Technical Director
Northside Baptist Church
Carrollton Texas
www.nsbcc.org

David Urban

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 10:46:43 PM »

A little late, but I kept forgetting to bring a camera....
David Urban
1st Presbyterian Church, Evanston, IL

David Urban

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »

View 2
David Urban
1st Presbyterian Church, Evanston, IL

Jeff Foster

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »

Does anyone else have any pictures they would like to share?
Jeff Foster
Technical Director
Northside Baptist Church
Carrollton Texas
www.nsbcc.org

MIKE HARPER

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 02:55:18 PM »

I'll put up some new pictures in the next couple weeks.  We just got in our new Sanctuary but we are still missing some equipment, some of the items that we needed were on back order.
Mike Harper
Calvary Life Church
www.gocalvarylife.com

A.J. McGlynn

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 05:41:06 PM »

I will post some pictures after I get into my new building. I am actually designing it around some ideas that I have found from these pictures.
A.J. McGlynn, Technical Director
Grace Church
Erie, PA

MIKE HARPER

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 12:42:23 AM »

If you're still in the design phase, I will tell you one thing.  YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH CONDUIT IN PLACE.  We ran 1-3" and 3-2" up to the stage and then junctioned all our runs in a large access hole the back of the stage, from there we went to the floor pockets and the amp rack, back stage.  we still have one 2" empty but I wish we would have put in one more.  We ran 3-2" from the access panel to the amp rack.  I have pictures of all that, if you would like any of those, let me know.  I would also suggest that you make sure you have access to under the floor at both ends of the booth and holes in the floor joists or some other way to pull cable from one side to the other.  we also put an access panel under in the middle under the counter.
Mike Harper
Calvary Life Church
www.gocalvarylife.com

A.J. McGlynn

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 07:32:40 PM »

I have a ton of conduit to my booth. I do plan on making it easy to pull cables into my booth. I was going to take pictures of the space today but forgot. Hopefully I can in a couple of days.
Grace Church
Erie, PA

A.J. McGlynn

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 11:01:42 AM »

index.php/fa/182/0/
This is where my Booth will go
Grace Church
Erie, PA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 11:01:42 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.