ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Booth Pictures  (Read 96001 times)

Johnny Bailey

Re: Sound Booth Pictures
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 10:14:40 PM »

index.php/fa/190/0/
John Bailey

Johnny Bailey

ReAmps,processing, mic patchbay,Soundbooth posted earlier
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 10:20:56 PM »

index.php/fa/191/0/index.php/fa/191/0/
John Bailey

Johnny Bailey

Re: FOH cabinets
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2007, 10:22:17 PM »

index.php/fa/192/0/
John Bailey

Justin L-Smith

• http://www.welcome2harvestland.com
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »

Jerrybosun wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 08:15

Justin
The rack mounts for "do it yourself" can be purchased at any guitar center really cheaply..  

Thank you, I took a look and yes that seem's easy enough

Jeff Foster wrote on Thu, 22 November 2007 09:55

Justin L-Smith wrote on Fri, 09 November 2007 06:42

A question, under desk/counter racks, I love the designs that used them and would like to go with that route. Could anybody tell me where they obtained there units and if there is a standard height?

There is no "standard" height for permanent installs like these.  If you purchase pre-built, you can choose from almost any rack height that you want.  Typically, racks come in even numbered space counts - I.E. 12-space, 14-space, 16-space, etc.

We purchased ours at Guitar Center.  The first one had been purchased by a member and donated along with some recording equipment since that member had an interest in helping to improve our sermon recordings.  This was probably about six years ago - long before we ever moved into our current worship center.  When we were designing our current building, I had them build the counter to the height that it is because I wanted to be able to slide the rack beneath it.  At the same time, we bought a second, identical rack to put in as well.  This worked out very well as the racks fit neatly beneath the counter and the counter is at a height that we can mix while seated or standing.
Both of our racks are 14-space racks.  They came with casters but I removed them to allow for a more "permanent" look.

Yes once I saw that type of layout I decided it would work for our layout as well. The current layout at the church we share has a large rack to the side of the sound setup and is in a small area. We have 24 foot in length in our area now so under the desk will be great and the cabinets the racks go in will add strength to the desktop.

ADVICE:
I found google sketch up a great tool for designing the sound area layout, there are so many objects like Mackie mixers etc available through 3D Warehouse. I also did the stage layout, with keyboards, drums, mic's, music stands etc

Jeff Plumblee

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »

Where is this 3D Warehouse, that I might acquire these wonderful tools?
Cover your ears, I'll be doing something loud soon.

Justin L-Smith

• http://www.welcome2harvestland.com
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2007, 08:40:19 PM »

index.php/fa/195/0/

This is a render of the finished look. We have the area frames, the outside dry walled the inside we have boarded and fit removable wall panels for future access, the top panel above the desk will be fixed. The floor has a large access panel to go under the floor (22" high) then a small 14" square panel for arm access (although I can fit down that if I need) at the other end were the snake, LAN and Light control cables come through (they are spread about 1 ft a part)

We have had the desk years and the rack has to be built, the light controller is in, we need to order computers but I am probably going to go with laptops purely because they can be locked away and saves having to buy flat screens and upgrades for our aging desktops.

For objects download all extra content: http://sketchup.google.com/bonuspacks.html and go here: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse

ak909

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »

This is a project we've been working on lately that has been suddenly revamped and is in its pre-CAD stages. Heres a pic of our cheesy unfinished rendering.
index.php/fa/196/0/

The control section is made up of drywall and 703 materials.
Were still looking into a console, so far Euphonix is looking as the winner...

It consist of the left control block for video, the right block for lighting, the front block for FOH and the middle block for tracking.
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/adlen60062/givesig.png
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/3 28634-more-free-stuff-lets-do-again.html

Aaron McQueen

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2007, 12:19:26 PM »

Are you sure you want that large piece of glass right behind the mix position?  Looks like it could cause some trouble.  Also why do the video and lighting guys need to be closed in?
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God - Romans 10:17 NKJV

ak909

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2007, 03:01:15 PM »

Well this project has been under debate for some time now. A local church tried this method a number of years back when they upgraded to broadcasting, So far so good. The good thing about this is its flexible, all positions are interchangeable except the FOH because the mixer is quite heavy (each channel block weighs about 40lbs and cost around 20K a piece Confused ) and all outboard and network gear for FOH will be installed in that position along the walls. The center-block is for now the tracking room where all audio will be tracked to tape or HDDs which will be totally independent from the FOH and if the tracking room idea is green lighted a wall or glass panel must divide the foh from the tracking area for the tracking room will be acoustically treated and almost 100% soundproof for it will have monitors (Barefoots) and its own mixing console (Toft ATB or ORAM) so the engineer must have the most accurate sound he can get. The other idea is to have all A/V in the FOH and center blocks and move the tracking into the left block and have the right block for video post production. Like i said, were at each others necks with this, but its fun. Smile
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/adlen60062/givesig.png
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/3 28634-more-free-stuff-lets-do-again.html

Michael Shuemaker

QUESTIONS ABOUT MACKIE TT24---
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »

Hello Jeff.

My name is Michael Shuemaker. I am the head sound engineer at Trinity Chapel
in Knoxville, TN.

I happen see your posts on ProSoundWeb.com and noticed in your pictures you
have a Mackie TT24. We are in the process of updating our current Mackie SR40-8
due to recurring problems we've had over the last 6-7 years and are having problems
as we speak and simply can't stomach putting anymore money into it.

I have researched the TT24 to death -- and have just made my recommendations to
the 'powers that be' that it be our next choice. Sure we would lose 8 channels right up
front compared to our 40 channel Mackie -- but could upgrade the TT24 once more funds
were available.

My questions to you are:  Have you had any ill experiences with the TT24? And do you use the
on-board digital processing in the TT24 to eq/limit/etc your mains and monitors or do you have
external units that you use for that?

We currently run a Crown IQ-USM 810 for our signal processing on our mains/monitors/lobby/delays/etc..
and have had serious problems out of it in the past as well. And as you may know Crown no longer
services or makes any parts for the IQ -- so if it dies --- it's dead and we would have no other option
than to spend the $4K to get a replacement product.

If you could let me know your experience you've had with the TT24 --- GOOD OR BAD.
How long have you used it----what sort of instrument----problems----etc.

I really appreciate your time.

Michael Shuemaker
Sound Ministry Leader
Trinity Chapel Knoxville, TN

ProSoundWeb Community

QUESTIONS ABOUT MACKIE TT24---
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.