ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Booth Pictures  (Read 95973 times)

Karl P(eterson)

Re: Sound Booth Pictures
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »

Ahhh.....

The JobSite Radio.

Someone needs to write a song about this infamous device.

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

A.J. McGlynn

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »

Yes I found a tad funny that there was a radio at the mix position.
A.J. McGlynn, Technical Director
Grace Church
Erie, PA

Aaron McQueen

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 12:43:11 PM »

A.J. McGlynn wrote on Wed, 17 October 2007 12:07

You'd be surprised by how many people actually think the sound is coming from the sound booth.
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God - Romans 10:17 NKJV

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »

Aaron McQueen wrote on Wed, 17 October 2007 12:43

A.J. McGlynn wrote on Wed, 17 October 2007 12:07

You'd be surprised by how many people actually think the sound is coming from the sound booth.

I just got visions of a 12 box line array sitting on the sound booth ledge pointed at the stage.

I also imagine certain individuals thanking me for finally putting in proper monitoring. Laughing

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

A.J. McGlynn

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 10:10:38 AM »

I have an updated picture of my new booth. The white line is where the desk will be. The boards on the floor are because we are going to have a floor made so that we can see over people heads.

index.php/fa/184/0/
A.J. McGlynn, Technical Director
Grace Church
Erie, PA

Michael Robertson

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 06:37:42 PM »

Talk about late jumping in! I saw this bumped back up today and found the latest pic I could find. The graph was a borrowed unit for that day.index.php/fa/185/0/
Don't think twice. You didn't get it the first time, you won't get it the second time either.

Justin L-Smith

• http://www.welcome2harvestland.com
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 07:42:45 AM »

I would like to say I found this thread immensely helpful, I intended to join several weeks ago so that at the very least I could tell you this. I had the job of designing our new sound area and had been putting the job off. I had a few ideas but nothing concrete. Once I read this and then took into account some of the hard lines I had been set (sq footage etc) I was able to do it.

I meant to take an image when we initially laid it out but will try and snap what we have so far tomorrow (every Saturday is work day at the new building) One thing I really liked was the advice to put a slope on the rails, so I did now nobody can place coffee or bibles on the front wall of the sound desk Very Happy

We built the "decking" the same height as the stage 22" from the floor and I requested a 36" back wall, 30" as a standard desk height and 6 inch wall just to cover the back of the mixer and prevent things rolling off. Well the frame was built to that and then the rail added giving just over 42". I am fairly short so sat down this additional height coupled with the depth of the counter surface would put me a visual disadvantage. My plan, is to use office chairs so we can sit higher and just install the desk at 36" height.

A question, under desk/counter racks, I love the designs that used them and would like to go with that route. Could anybody tell me where they obtained there units and if there is a standard height? I am also considering the possibility of building our own, I am an adequate cabinet builder so all I need to do is get hold of the rack strips. My preferred method would be to purchase the racks and just mount them inside hollow cabinet boxes to blend the design.

Any help will be highly appreciated, this building project has been a long one and I think we have broken every advised rule due to lack of funds (the do it yourself stuff)

Jerrybosun

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 08:15:30 AM »

Justin
The rack mounts for "do it yourself" can be purchased at any guitar center really cheaply..  

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 10:18:18 PM »

Karl P(eterson) wrote on Wed, 17 October 2007 11:39

Ahhh.....

The JobSite Radio.

Someone needs to write a song about this infamous device.

You would think Weird Al Yankovic would've made a song already...
--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

Jeff Foster

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »

Justin L-Smith wrote on Fri, 09 November 2007 06:42

A question, under desk/counter racks, I love the designs that used them and would like to go with that route. Could anybody tell me where they obtained there units and if there is a standard height?

There is no "standard" height for permanent installs like these.  If you purchase pre-built, you can choose from almost any rack height that you want.  Typically, racks come in even numbered space counts - I.E. 12-space, 14-space, 16-space, etc.

We purchased ours at Guitar Center.  The first one had been purchased by a member and donated along with some recording equipment since that member had an interest in helping to improve our sermon recordings.  This was probably about six years ago - long before we ever moved into our current worship center.  When we were designing our current building, I had them build the counter to the height that it is because I wanted to be able to slide the rack beneath it.  At the same time, we bought a second, identical rack to put in as well.  This worked out very well as the racks fit neatly beneath the counter and the counter is at a height that we can mix while seated or standing.
Both of our racks are 14-space racks.  They came with casters but I removed them to allow for a more "permanent" look.
Jeff Foster
Technical Director
Northside Baptist Church
Carrollton Texas
www.nsbcc.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.