ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software? Other?  (Read 4254 times)

Marco Mrc

Software? Other?
« on: July 02, 2007, 04:55:13 AM »

Someone can tell me some solutions for live audio effects, for example in live tv show or theatre?

thanks.

Stephen Maloney

Re: Software? Other?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 06:44:02 AM »

Marco Mrc wrote on Mon, 02 July 2007 18:55

Someone can tell me some solutions for live audio effects, for example in live tv show or theatre?

thanks.

A very vague question... but lets start with this, what are you trying to achieve? enhancements like reverb/delay? or stuff like sampling, distortion, flange?

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:42:18 AM »

I am ASSuming that he is speaking towards sound effects.

If so, you can either make or buy. I like using garage band on a mac to make them, but you need to be very careful that you either record everything yourself, or use all royalty free stuff.

Your other option is to buy. Sonomic is one of many go-to places for fx that you can purchase. http://www.sonomic.com/

If you are talking about playing them back, I like one of two things. an Instant
Replay is of course the real tool for this job, but if you aren't blessed enough to have one, a copy of SoundByte http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/soundbyte.html is a reasonable alternative as well.

If you were talking about fx as it pertains to vocal/voice effects, see back to Stephen about needing more info.

Karl P
Audio Team Leader - CCH

Brad Weber

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:56:50 AM »

Several of the studios and networks also sell libraries of their sound effects, if that is what you are looking for.  The BBC effects library is well respected.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Marco Mrc

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 04:33:11 AM »

Thanks to all...
Well, I don't need to create audio effects, but af a player that permits to use a lot of sounds, songs, and others audio files.

I work in a tv studio and, during live show, i need of some effects, playback, tracks portions, loops...
Till now I have used audio files modified previously, after I use them with a multitracks player controlled by a midi keyboard.
I search a simpler solution, i don't know if ther's a software thath has a position editor and a multitrack player all in one...

Thanks

Stephen Maloney

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

Oh ok... maybe some sort of software that Dj's use... like Ableton Live (very popular) or traktor dj

Marco Mrc

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 06:36:56 AM »

Yes, something like Ableton Live is what i need but, after a little test of various demos, I find Ableton slow rather in files loading phase (ableton must load every files in computer ram).
However, after a little search, I have tried JPM 128. I think that is what I need, it is simpler and faster than Ableton, and is studied for Tv Production.

many thanks to all, and if someone has others councils....

Brad Weber

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 09:35:27 AM »

The 360 Systems Digicart and Instant Replay products are very popular in the broadcast industry for clips and effects playback.  See http://www.360systems.com/.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Marco Mrc

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 03:47:20 AM »

thanks Brad Weber...
is a good stand alone solution...

however I had forgotten the link of the program that I was found

http://www.vincieidos.it/en/jpm_128.htm

bye

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 03:47:20 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.