ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A video guy needs help with sound  (Read 2366 times)

Brad Weber

Re: A video guy needs help with sound
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »

Joshua Samuel wrote on Fri, 25 May 2007 08:55

The room has sheet rock an three walls and, windows on the 4th. The ceiling is also sheetrock. The floor is only thing they have not finished.

Sounds like you are going to have a big problem to consider right from the start.  Even without knowing anything else about the room (dimensions, shape, etc.), it sounds like you have all hard surfaces in the room.  This almost always creates a very difficult acoustical environment and can make the sound system that much more difficult and critical to get right.  You definitely might want to consider some acoustical treatment for the room.

Another consideration is what, if any, provisions were included in the construction for the sound system.  Were conduit, power, equipment space, places to mount speakers, etc. at all considered in what has been installed?  If not, having to deal with these aspects after the room is complete can be very frustrating and expensive.  This will almost certainly affect the system components and layout and the budget.

Quote:

I honestly don't know what our budget should be. I mean not even ballpark 4,000 or 10,000 or 20,000 or 30,000?

You might want to see if the church leadership has some number in mind.  That would at least give a starting point or may point out that you have an uphill battle to get a practical budget in place.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Joshua Samuel

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »

The room is about 100ft long 40ft wide and 20ft high

Also there is conduit and power. Even xlr and coaxial cables run in the conduit I just don't know if it is in the right spot.

Thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.