ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer noise through sound system  (Read 4227 times)

Jeffhaney

Computer noise through sound system
« on: March 14, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »

We play video through our "projector" computer which sometimes has audio... We plug the from the headphone jack into our mixer & we get computer noise... This is not AC hum but computer noise. I have been asking everyone and have no answer on what type of card (for the computer) or a Converter box before entering the mixer. Could someone give me advise?
Thanks a million! Jeff

Jon Murray

Re: Computer noise through sound system
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:03:38 AM »

What kind of computer noise is it? Even if it's not a ground hum it would be worth a try to use a hum eliminator. Thay are very cheap around $20- $50
Might be wortha shot?
JON MURRAY
Jon Murray
Audio Team Leader
North East Community Church
Colorado Springs CO
hammerandnailsco@aol.com

Greg Hertfelder

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:33:24 PM »

Jeff
I understand what you are encountering and will share what advice I can. For a period of time the corporation I work for leased Dell D600 laptops and there was a high harmonic digital "hash" noise (not 60-cycle hum) amplified when the computer headphone jack was connected to any kind of sound system. I was able to make it go away with two different methods: operating the computer on battery or dropping the ground on the computer power supply with your basic $2 hardware store 3-to-2 prong adapter (not a shining moment safety-wise, but effective.)

Although it did not work for me, you might try using a direct box to isolate the computer from the sound system. Here is one contender: Radial JPC direct box.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:03:14 PM »

Greg Hertfelder wrote on Sat, 17 March 2007 20:33

Although it did not work for me, you might try using a direct box to isolate the computer from the sound system. Here is one contender: Radial JPC direct box.
Better yet, use a USB audio interface. Even the Behringer version should work fine for you.

Mac

ak909

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:58:16 AM »

I'd go with what greg said! had the same proublem a few years ago...worked perfect!
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/adlen60062/givesig.png
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/3 28634-more-free-stuff-lets-do-again.html

Kiley Ham

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »

We use the Rapco LTI-100.  You can get it for about $100 and it works well with an input pad and ground lift.  Whirlwind also makes a PCDI, but it's a little more expensive.

Peace,

Kiley

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.