ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video screen size  (Read 2919 times)

Mark Schneider

video screen size
« on: April 23, 2007, 06:43:08 PM »

I know there is a formula for figuring out the size a video screen needs to be.  I am having trouble finding it however.  I know of a churh that is looking into installing 1 or 2 video screens, mostly for hymm lyrics, sermon notes, etc...  Considering there is text involved, with older people with less the ideal eyesight will need to view, how large should a video screen be (screen is about 85 feet from its location to the back row)?

Brad Weber

Re: video screen size
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:18:53 PM »

A search should find several related discussions.  Da-lite also has some excellent technical information on their site.

The proper size depends greatly on the material being shown, but 1/8 to 1/6 the distance to the furthest viewer, or about a 10'-14' high image would be typical.  If it is just 'talking heads' and/or large font PowerPoint type material, then you might be able to go a little smaller, maybe 8-1/2' high.  If it is full page 10-12 pt text, spreadsheets or critical viewing, then it needs to be larger.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Brian Kent Tennyson

• http://www.visitec.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »

In a worship application, I have always used 1/12 of the distance to the furthest viewer. That gives good viewing for four to six lines of text or image mag.
You can't get enough, but enough ain't the test.

Brian Kent Tennyson
Visitec Inc.
www.visitec.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.