ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: easter celebration  (Read 1157 times)

Derrick Bassett

• http://www.6ftstudios.com
easter celebration
« on: April 09, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »

We had an amazing Easter weekend. Our drama ran Fri - Sun with 4 performances. The only technical difficulty was lost communication between stage and front of house which caused a delay on the start of a scene. We saw attendence increase from 630ish on a typical weekend to over 1000 with over 20 decisions (salvation & rededication).

How did your services go? Let's celebrate!

Ira White

• http://www.sanctuarysound.com
Re: easter celebration
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 06:42:55 PM »

Only problem we had during an annual production of about 300 cast and crew was a surprise change in procedure by the wireless techs that caused some interference. Thought the heads up might help others avoid the problem.

We normally pass out and pickup mics in a large make-up/cue room where everyone gathers before and after performances. Little did I know that the techs decided to have performers drop off their mics at the receiver rack table backstage after their parts were done. All of a sudden as we approached the finale, I'm getting red-line interference on several of my mics. The LS9 channel meters gave me the obvious indication prior to actor entrances, and gave me a chance to intercom the techs to switch packs thinking it was interference from elsewhere in the major facility.

It hadn't occurred to the techs that having nine or ten bodypacks (all still active, no less) within 3 feet of 16 receivers could cause stray interference. They'll know not to do that anymore.

Haven't gotten word on the decisions yet, but we performed for about 7000 over three days and at least 80% had never seen the biblical re-enactment before. People came forward after a salvation prayer and as the audience exited since the venue has no inside aisles to accommodate a standard invitation, and there are two huge balconies that are not accessible from the main floor. A bit of a hindrance, but we usually get a few hundred decisions and a lot of contacts later on. God makes it work!      
Ira White
Sanctuary Sound, Inc.

Mike Sessler

• http://www.ChurchTechArts.org
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:54:57 PM »

We had a great Easter weekend. We did 2 Good Friday services that consisted of a 5 person drama that told the story of Holy week from different perspectives, and some really good musicians leading the congregation in worship. Technically it was pretty simple, 6 wireless mics and a small (but quality) band. The only problem we had was with the woman who played Mary. She wore a full length dress and had her body pack under the dress, where it could not be accessed readily. She forgot to turn it off after soundcheck, and when she turned it "on" before the service, she turned it off. Fortunately she projected well and we fixed it at the first break. I'm working on coming up with a good procedure for ensuring drama mics are actually on before the scene.

We then did 3 Easter services that were really well received. Technically, it was a huge challenge, using 31 of my 32 channels and every single output I could find for monitors. We've gotten some really good responses however, and there were a lot of new faces in the crowd. God is drawing people to Himself, and it's such a joy to be part of the process.

Peace,
Mike Sessler
Canandaigua, NY
Mike Sessler
Technical Arts Director
Coast Hills Community Church

Planning will set you free...
http://www.ChurchTechArts.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:54:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.