ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Headphones for Guitarist with Hearing Aides  (Read 1314 times)

Mark Langner

Help - Headphones for Guitarist with Hearing Aides
« on: January 19, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »

At rehersal last night I got to talking with one of our electric guitarists who wears hearing aides.  He was complaing how difficult things are getting with his hearing aides, trying to hear his "in ears" with his present head phones, and the stage bleed from the drum kit and the backstage miced amp from the main guitarist.

He is presently using a really cheap pair of ear phones jacked into his aviom monitor.  I suggested getting headphones that covered his ears, and possibly "noise cancelling" headphones.  His only comment was that on some headphones he's tried, putting them over his ears caused feedback on the hearing aides..and if he turned the hearing aides down, then when he went off stage he couldn't hear without turning them back up.

He asked if I had any suggestions on headphone brands, and how much to expect to pay...and that's were my knowlege hit a brick wall.

Anyone out there have any recommendations so I could assist him further ?

Thanks,

Mark

Michael King

Re: Help - Headphones for Guitarist with Hearing Aides
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 03:52:21 PM »

Im not sure how effective this will be but they do make neckloops like these.

http://www.williamssound.com/productdetail.aspx?product_id=7 9

this broadcast into his hearing aids it is mostly used for hearing assistance so i doubt it will be really good for IEM. But may be worth looking into. IM not exactly sure how hearing aids work but i would assume that they jsut amplify the signal that is being heard so then a pair of regualr enclosed headphones i would think would work fine

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 02:27:54 PM »

My Mother wore hearing aids and if I am remembering correctly. Most hearing aids (I think) have a switch usually called or labeled “telephone”. It activates the inductive pickup in the hearing aid allowing the inductive loop to work that the linked points to.

I have worked with a similar system that uses the inductive loop and a hearing aid like device that some people call an ear bug. It looks like the tiny in the ear type of hearing aids. It is used for IFB (interruptible fold back) so the director can talk to the talent or for cueing purposes. When the loop is worn under the clothing there shouldn’t be any wires showing.
Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 02:27:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 23 queries.